Part 17: An Heir

Apollyon walked the camp of her Blackstone legion, looking around the tents and groups of soldiers for her son. Soon enough she was able to locate Jürgen. We was standing next to his horse, talking to Mercy. Jürgen shook his head at something she said, resulting in Mercy nodding and then walking away. Apollyon passed Mercy as she walked away from her son.

Jürgen noticed his mother approaching him. He turned to her with an annoyed expression.

Apollyon: "What is wrong?"

Jürgen: "You're chasing after those who chose to leave your cause?"

Apollyon nodded.

Apollyon: "I'm sending small party's of soldiers after them. They have proven to me that they cannot handle our mission. They are weak. And the weak do not deserve to live"

Jürgen let out a frustrated sigh and shook his head, holding the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb.

Jürgen: "That is madness! What you're doing to those who leave is wrong"

Apollyon: "I do not understand why you are like this so suddenly. Do not become so emotional to the point where you forget why we are doing this"

Jürgen lowered his head and shook it once again, letting himself calm down.

Jürgen: "Sorry I'm... just conflicted and tired. Tired of the fighting, death and misery. I just want to go home and forget all of this"

Apollyon stood next to her son and gently put a hand on his back.

Apollyon: "You cannot forget what you have done here Jürgen. Do not be ashamed of the things you've been apart of. Embrace who you really are. I know it will take time, but when you do you will come to realize how strong you can be"

Jürgen looked up and to his mothers eyes.

Apollyon: "You are a wolf. You are my son. Do not be ashamed of those things. Try to embrace who you are just a little more"

Apollyon turned Jürgen so he was facing her.

Apollyon: "When our mission is finished, we can rest. But for now we will return home and plan for the Myre"

Jürgen nodded.

Apollyon: "And do not worry about the people who leave. They are traitors to you and I, nothing more"

[Two]

[Months]

[Later]

Jürgen removed his helmet and took in a breath of fresh air. The belt that held his cape to his back became undone, allowing the piece of cloth to float freely in the steady breeze. The world around Jürgen was completely unfamiliar. It was hot and dangerous at every turn.

One wrong step and you'll be bitten by a venomous snake or eaten whole by an alligator. One wrong breath and you inhale poison from the ancient poison trees. One wrong move and you die. And Jürgen hated every moment of being here.

He heard the water behind him slosh and turned his head. There Apollyon rode her horse, the animals legs near fully submerged in the warm swamp water.

Apollyon: "It is time to go. The Vikings have begun their final push into the capital"

Jürgen nodded and slipped his helmet on. He turned to Apollyon and walked to his horse which was tied to a tree next to where she came from. Jürgen untied his horse and mounted. He followed his mother who led the Blackstone army through the swamps of the Myre.