Part 15: Decision [Ending Rewritten]

——————————————————————

I felt something soft beneath my body and head. I moved my body around and felt a sharp pain shoot through my head and neck. I winced in pain and opened my eyes. I saw the familiar white canopy and felt the soft bed beneath me and knew where I was. I leaned forward and looked around. When I leaned forward I felt something heavy beside me. I looked down to my right and was surprised to see Erzebet laying beside me.

I tried to move away and out from the bed but Erzebet opened her eyes slightly and lifted her arm. She put a hand on my chest and pushed me down lightly.

Erzebet: "Stay"

She wrapped her arms around mine and my upper body. I was pretty much stuck. This along with my headache began to make me feel slightly annoyed. Erzebet closed her eyes again and held me close.

"Erzebet?"

Erzebet: "Hm?"

"What are you doing?"

Erzebet squinted her eyes because of the lighting inside the tent and lifted her head. She looked at me and spoke.

Erzebet: "I don't want you to leave. So I'm making you stay"

"Why don't you want me to leave?"

Erzebet: "You're the only thing keeping the bed warm"

We laid in the bed in silence for god knows how long. But eventually I felt Erzebet's grip around my body begin to weaken. I waited a little longer and took a chance at getting up. This time I was able to slide out of the bed and stand up. When I stood up I began to feel light headed. I put a hand on the back of my head which made the light headed feeling even worse. I nearly fell and winced in pain.

"What happened?"

Erzebet: "I hit you in the back of the head"

I froze. What did she say she did?

"You did what?"

Erzebet: "I hit you on the back of your head with the hilt of my sword. You fell unconscious and I brought you back here"

I began to feel anger course through my body but I suppressed the emotion.

"Why did you knock me unconscious?"

Erzebet lifted the upper half of her body from the bed.

Erzebet: "I did so because I didn't want you to run away again"

I thought for a moment and my anger began to disappear.

"I guess that makes sense..."

Erzebet fell back into the bed and rolled over so her back faced me. I looked around the space. On the left edge of the tent was a wooden workbench. On the workbench were two sets of armor. There was Erzebets armor and next to hers was another set of Black Prior armor. I looked at the workbench confused and spoke.

"Where's my armor?"

Erzebet didn't move her body but spoke loud enough so I could hear her.