Finale, Pt. 2: Storm of Steel

Jürgen looked into Agda's eyes. Agda looked into Jürgen's. Blood and dirt flew through the air as Jürgen pulled his sword away. Agda took the shield that had been stuck to her back and blocked a slash from Jürgen's sword.

Jürgen: "Mors barbaris spumae!"

Agda quickly shifted to her right and took a jab at Jürgen's abdomen. Jürgen swatted the attack away, retaliating with a shove to Agda's shield. Agda was pushed back, letting Jürgen get a clear shot at her side and back. Agda was not expecting Jürgen to be so strong. His strength was abnormal. The young knight slashed at the young Viking's arm, managing to leave a deep and painful into Agda's arm. The Viking dropped her shield and retreated away, holding she spear with one hand.

Jürgen's eyes burned bright orange as he rushed towards Agda. The knight threw a downward attack and Agda dodged into the attack, raising her spear into the air to block it. Agda did manage to block Jürgen's attack, allowing her to push the knight's weapon away and send a left hook into his lower jaw. Jürgen yelled in pain as blood dripped from his lower lip.

He looked at Agda with pure rage. Agda had never seen someone so angry in her life. Even in battle this was new to her. The hatred burned into her eyes and soul. Jürgen took Agda's distracted state and used it to his advantage. He swung his arm at Agda, hitting her in the chin and sending her into the air before landing hard into the dirt.

Jürgen: "You should have stayed in your frozen huts and died like the starving sewer rats you are!"

Agda spit out a ball of blood and saliva, staggering to her feet and narrowly dodging an arrow that flew towards her face. The knight who shot the arrow was on horseback. But almost in an instant a Raider ripped the knight off from his horse and tore his neck apart. Jürgen regained Agda's attention and stabbed at her leg. The edge of Jürgen's blade cut into Agda's right thigh. Agda yelled in pain and winced as she tried to keep herself up.

Jürgen: "Your fight ends here! Good riddance!"

Jürgen prepared another overhead attack. But before he could land the final killing blow Agda lunged forward, wrapping an arm around Jürgen's waist and leading her shoulder into him. The weak attempt of retaliation quickly ended as Jürgen pushed the young Viking away, making her slide back onto her knees.

Jürgen took his own knee and quickly grabbed the back of Agda's head, throwing both his knee and her face together. Agda's face hit Jürgen's knee with a loud crack as blood poured from her wounded nose and busted upper lip. Agda fell backwards into the blood soaked dirt and Jürgen chuckled, brandishing his blade with victory.

Jürgen: "Tell your gods that I send my regards!"

Just as the young knight pulled back a final blow a Nordic throwing axe cut through the air, hitting Jürgen in his left shoulder. The young knight grimaced and yelled as he tried to reach back for the weapon. The axe dug into Jürgen's flesh under his metal plating and black leather layer underneath.

The Berserker who threw the axe jumped onto Jürgen, punching the young knight in the nose and chin. Jürgen's head recoiled back with each hit while holding the Berserker's other hand, keeping the Viking's second axe at bay. Jürgen yelled and grabbed the berserker by their hair, pulling them off and tossing the large man away to the ground. Jürgen was staggered but stood on his feet, grinding his teeth as he pulled the axe out of his shoulder. Warm blood exited the open wound, traveling down his arm and fingertips.