Part 6: Nothing but Lies

Twenty Years Ago...

???: "You stay away from him!"

I took a step back. I didn't know Hans could get this angry.

"What? No! Let me see my son!"

I moved forward but before I could get to Jürgen's crib Hans shoved me backwards.

Hans: "No! Stay back!"

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Why are you acting like this!?"

Hans: "I know what you did to those people! I now know what you've been doing while you would be out!"

"What could I have possibly been doing while I was out?!"

Hans: "Corrupting people! Turning the best and most noble knights against one another! You would tell them your whole belief on the strong and weak! How we should kill the weak. The same weak that you and I swore to protect!"

"Where did you hear this nonsense!?"

Hans: "It isn't nonsense! It's the truth! Besides, if I told you who told me then you'd kill them just like those people who tried to stand against you!"

I heard Jürgen pout from the loud noise.

"Please Hans..."

I extended my arms out to the crib.

Hans: "I won't let you anywhere near him"

"GRAHH! GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

I took my sword and attacked. I sliced downward. The tip of my sword only cut Hans's left cheek.

Hans winced from the pain but grabbed me by the shoulder and shoved me to the ground. I hit the ground hard.

Hans: "You are no longer the Alice I love! Hell, you aren't even Alice anymore! You're what your name says you are! An evil demon!"

Tears ran down his face.

"Then say it! Say my name so our child can hear it! You clearly know what it is!"

Hans: "Get out of my sight! I never want to see your face again!"

He drew his sword and stood his ground. He was trying not to answer me.

"Say my name!"

I stood up. More tears began to roll down his cheeks.

Hans: "A-Apollyon..."

I grinned wickedly.

Before the both of us could escalate the situation further Jürgen began to cry. My humanity came back to me once I heard his cries for care. Now I realize something. This caring side of my is a weakness. A weakness I need to destroy.

"Fine... I will leave. But remember this. I WILL get my revenge. And I WILL get to see my son again"

I turned to the doorway. Before I left I took the wedding ring Hans had given to me and ripped it from my finger. I took the violet stone that was on it and threw it in a small box near the front door. That stone was special to me.

***

(Present)

***

Allan: "You never said where you were from"

Before I could answer Holden came back. He didn't look like his normal composed self.

"What's up with you?"

Holden gave me a worried look.

"Are you ok? You look strange"