Part 9: Dark Power

Hello! Just for a heads up I'm going on a hiking trip with my wife for a week (Monday to Sunday) starting today (June 20 / Father's Day). We both have elected that my wife will be the one to bring her phone and not me. To be honest that's smart because I'm on this thing all the time and I want to enjoy the scenery. I will probably update this part when I get back if I don't like it. Hope you understand.

With that out of the way I'd like to thank you for reading and enjoy the actual chapter. Goodbye and I'll talk to you later.

——————————————
———
——————————————

(Eleven Hours After Last Chapter)

The force of Black Priors followed Erzebet and Jürgen through Ashfeld. On the way to the Blackstone camp in Valkenheim Erzebet noticed that Jürgen was still quiet and caught him sometimes staring off to nowhere. But this was also where she would get a good look at his face and his body. Yes she had seen him normally before but now it looked like he added some muscle to his body in just a day.

Erzebet also saw that Jürgen didn't have his own sword. He was only carrying his fathers sword.

Erzebet: "Where is your other sword?"

Jürgen didn't seem to hear her which annoyed Erzebet. She grabbed his shoulder and shook Jürgen slightly.

Erzebet: "Hey!"

Jürgen was startled from the sudden action and drew his sword quickly. He pointed it as Erzebet. The whole army of Black Priors stood still and watched both Erzebet and Jürgen stare at each other for a moment.

Erzebet smirked and put a hand on the blade of Jürgen's sword and knocked the blade downwards. Jürgen noticed what he had done and put the sword back onto his back.

Jürgen: "Sorry. I didn't expect that to happen. My bad"

Jürgen walked forward. Erzebet looked back to the army of Black Priors and nodded.

Erzebet: "Keep going"

After what felt like endless hours of marching the army found itself crossing into Valkenheim. They could see smoke from campfires in the sky. The army followed the smoke and arrived at the Blackstone camp. Vortiger and Erzebet hugged each other and began talking about their journeys to the camp. Apollyon and her tent stood on top of flat a and rocky hill. Apollyon watched as the newcomers began fo pour into the camp and combed through the crowd until finally finding who she was looking for.

She spotted Jürgen who was one of the last people to enter the camp. He didn't have his helmet and he had his fathers sword in hand. Small snowflakes also began to fall to the ground.

Jürgen didn't look like himself. Apollyon walked down from her tent and to ground level where everyone was. She walked passed a group of soldiers who were talking about what happened the few nights before.

???: "How did the attack on that village go?"

???: "It went well actually. You should have seen that new guy though. I don't remember his name but he surprised myself and a few of the people I was with"

???: "How so?"

???: "It's hard to explain. He looked different and acted differently. Like he was a completely different person"

???: "Huh?"

???: "Never mind let's just get some food and drink"

[Elias]