Chapter Sixteen

Ameera's POV

    It's a beautiful Saturday morning, with birds chirping as if singing a song, the sky looking bright merging with the rising sun shining brighter and the ambience of the environment just feels soo peaceful.

Today is definitely a great day, i just remembered the men are the cooks, we do this everytime dad is free from work, he and yasir pick out two days consecutively to cook for the family "women's free day" mom and i came up with this name, let's go see what's going on in the kitchen.

    "Salamualaikum everyone!!!  What's that sweet smell mmmm" i said entering the kitchen.

"Walaikissalam!! "Dad and yasir replied cheerfully this kitchen is busy some chopping and frying going on.

   "Hii ice-cream girl what's making you so happy" yasir asked stiring a sauce.

"Yasir it's just my pajamas okayy, what about you walking around with a hotdog hat?. I was staring at him, he wore a hat shaped like a hotdog who does that!

   "Come on hot dogs are tasty!! And.. "Before he could i cut him off.

"Exactly my point so don't complain about my ice cream pjs okayy". They are my absolute fav. So no one uses sarcasm when it comes to my pjs.

   "Even twins don't argue as much as both of you. Yasir your sauce is burning". Dad said trying not to laugh at yasir childishness.

"Whattt you see ameera,  i know you don't want my dish to taste better than yours but you're mistaking i won't let you ruin it okayy.. Ice .. creamyy .. cream girl" ahaahahahah oh boy he is furious.

     "I didn't plan any of that byeeee I'm leaving just incase it doesn't taste good don't blame me" and stomped out of the kitchen.

      "Ouch my head" why do i always bump into people.

"Are you okay ameera" wait what faisal's voice and i looked at the person in front of me.

     "Ohh morning, sorry i wasn't looking".  faisal came over to spend a few days he doesn't actually live in abuja, he just came for bussiness and yasir insisted he stays with us. 

"Morning ameera it's okay, by the way why are you mad? He asked concerned.

    "yasir of course but never mind, I'm fine thanks, if you'll excuse me" i said before quickly walking past him with a fake smile.. It's just I'm not all that comfortable around him.

      "Ameera come to my room!! " i heard mom calling so i went to meet her.

I always love going to mom's room the first thing that welcomes you is the amazing incense scents, it's bright orange and white touches of the wallpaper, gold coloured king sized bed, side tables and walk in closet. A small library near the rectangle wide window giving a nice view of the outdoors and a large comfy chair, mom likes spending time there.

      "Mom you called are you okay? " I asked concerned.

"Yes i am dear, come sit just wanted to have a small chat with you" she replied arranging the bed cover before sitting.

  I sat on the bed too "okay I'm all ears" I said adjusting on the bed.

      "okayy how do i start.. Uhmm alright.. It's just you are all grown up now and there is a lot out there both the good and bad. I want you to know that you'll always be my little ameera who would run around the house screaming mom, playing in the mud, just you and your little world".  And i smiled

     "You know Ameera i would always want the best for you, make sure to focus in achieving your goal and never give up, pray whenever you feel down or don't know what to do in any situation okay".  She continued.