chapter nine

Ameera's pov

        We don't meet people by accident. they are meant to cross our paths for a reason.. -Mohammad azry

          "ameera you seem very happy today,any goodnews?" mom asked.

      I am helping her in the kitchen to prepare breakfast ....i really don't know why I'm this happy just the thought of.... Oh no no no could it be the event I've been thinking about yesterday and.. Adnan i can't stop and i don't know why..

    "Ameera what are you thinking about" mom said bringing me back to reality.

    "nothing mom I'm not going to school today and i have to meet up with my friends so.. I guess that's the reason" i replied quickly, now that's not a lie because I also had it in mind.

    "hmm okay dear" she replied adding spices to the sauce.

       "Mom should i deep fry the potatoes? " I asked. Trying to change the topic

     "noo just light your dad doesn't like it deep fried" she answered .

      "ohh yeah i forgot... " i said and we continued our cooking in silence.

  ************

    "mmmm i have chefs in my house, I'm a lucky man" baba said while having breakfast.

    "and I'm a lucky son and bro for having a cool mum and crazy sis" yasir added. Mum and dad chuckled while i glared at him.

     "crazy sister's are the sweetest" i replied fake smiling very wide and putting a potato in my mouth ain't i the coolest lol.

        "you know i just remembered a hadith of the prophet (saw)were he said :
Any act devoid of the remembrance of Allah is void except four -shooting. Training a horse, playing with one's family and swimming".(recorded by bayhaqi and AtTabarar with a good chain of narrators) we all chorused Masha Allah.

     "that was a beautiful hadith dear, especially the part 'playing with one's family' " mom said smiling.

      "i love you mom and dad" i said they just made me emotional.

   "same here lots of love mom and dad always "yasir replied smiling .

  "we love you too" they both chorused i don't know what I'll do without my family.

    "you know yesterday i got to meet Mr and Mrs Ashir's kids looking all grown up" mom said .

    "true kids grow up fast like my yasir and ameera" dad said

     "i liked Adnan he's a nice person" yasir said,why did i feel like my heart is beating fast now.

        "uhmm mom and dad i have to go now bye see you soon" i got up and kissed mum on the cheek ,side hugged dad  and pecked yasir on the cheek.

    "yuck.... I told you to stop doing that"he said but was smiling he doesn't want to admit that he loves his sister so much hahha hats off to me.

     "I went to my room closed the door and leaned on it letting out a breath i didn't know i was holding, what is wrong with me ameera get a grip on yourself.

My phone is ringing "salamualaikum" I said i didn't even check who called.

   "waalaikumsalam... I hope you're getting ready" ohhh it's habiba.

     "yess yess i would get ready soon don't worry" i replied

     "okay don't be late she said and hung up.