chapter eleven

Adnan's pov

      It really is Ameera i was passing by when i looked in my side mirror and saw her face i could recognize it anywhere but i wasn't so sure because it was just a glimpse so i reversed and pulled over  it means i wasn't mistaking. I finally got to see her again. Winding down my window i asked.

      "Ameera what are you doing here all by yourself" it's almost maghrib i was going to stop by the mosque before going home.

       "just waiting for a taxi... " she said unsure if to continue or not.

        "yasir couldn't come pick me up"she continued looking sideways for a cab.

          "well it's good I'm here now, I'll drop you off i don't mind taking you home" i said to her i can't let her stay here all by herself.

           "thanks but I'll get a taxi soon " she replied still looking sideways and she looked tired.

           "you know it would be time for maghrib soon" i said ya Allah she's stubborn,i have to do something.

           "thugs are abundant in this place so I'm only advising you if i go and you don't get a taxi... Who knows.. "I added that's the only way to make her comply by scaring her.

       I stretched my hand and opened the front door of the car she looked around a bit scared shuffling with her bag then hurriedly entered the car.

    I so wanted to laugh but was trying to hide it i think she saw me "hey you can laugh okay your trick worked" she said pouting.

   And that's all it took for me to burst out laughing.

   "I.. Haha I'm so so sorry it's the way you reacted that made me laugh, but on a serious note it's not safe and i can't drive away leaving you behind" i stopped laughing and said seriously.

   She couldn't hide her  smile "okay fine... Are you going to stop by the mosque" she asked.

    "yeah was about telling you i hope you're okay with it just few minutes? " I asked her

     "it's okay but i hope it has a women section I'll pray too" she answered

      "that's fine was going to say that too "i replied she kept asking things i wanted to say.

        "ohkay.. i guess it's just a coincidence... "she said and i gave her a questioning look.

        "hey what i don't read minds what's with that look " she added giving me a what look.

       She's so funny i just chuckled "you know i didn't say anything like that.. You did" i replied raising one hand a sign of don't blame me.

      She glared at me and looked away folding her hands hmm the attitude.

       "I'm sorry didn't mean that... And smiling suits you more... I don't want to be the reason why you aren't smiling" i didn't know what made me say that but i just felt i should.

    Didn't miss the smile that appeared on her face it made me smile too.

     I parked my car and stepped out she also did the same i walked to her side of the car  "meet me here after praying" and left I saw her walk towards the females gate.

   Ameera's pov

      "meet me here after praying" he said before leaving sometimes he's grumpy and atimes nice and caring i smiled and went to perform ablution.

   The women section of the mosque is upstairs i entered and felt at peace it calms you and that's why it's a place of worship.

    I adjusted my veil before the iqamah was recited and we prayed to the almighty Allah.

    After praying i sat down and made duas for my family Muslim ummah and the nation at large then myself. It is said in a hadith.

   Abu Darda reported :the messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him said :no Muslim servant supplicates for his brother behind his back but that the angels say :and for you too". Sahih Muslim 2732.

      I went out of the mosque but i felt my hijab slipping off trying to adjust it i couldn't find my pin, i looked around but didn't see it maybe it fell in the mosque.

   I went back upstairs to search for it because i can't leave my favorite pin it was lying where i sat down to make dua Alhamdulillah i pinned it to my veil.

   Quickly i rushed downstairs Adnan must be waiting for me i went outside the women's gate and saw him waiting.

      "uhm.. I lost my pin so i went back to the mosque to look for it" I told him

      "did you find it?"he asked . "yes i did in the mosque" i answered i thought he would complain hmm strange.

        "okay let's go we don't want to get home late do we" He said more like a statement i know that grumpiness can't go away easily.

        "sure but I'm not a kid! Okay " i said folding my hands as if he's my guardian.

        "but you just look like one"he replied smirking, proud much Mr grumpy.

         "please sir can you take me home before i get a heart attack" i said faking innocence.

         "hahaha.. What a cute couple,son she's a lady so do what she says "an old lady said to Adnan.

         "couples who argue over petty issues love each other so much, May Allah make you both be together forever"she said and walked away smiling.

    We were silent not able to say anything i was playing with my wristband.

         "uhh.. The car, we have to get you home"he said and started walking to the car while i followed behind.

         The drive to my house was silent that woman's words still in my head.

    This is the second time we've been called a couple maybe he already has someone i shouldn't think about that ,but it's all his fault always annoying me.

    "we're here ma'am" he finally spoke

     "thanks for the ride sir"i played a long and got out of the car then turned.

      "this is the second time we've been called a couple and we're not, all because of you ,i think you enjoy that, if it happens again I'll... "i said to him unsure of what i wanted to say.

      "maybe next time it would be real and then we'll see what you will do"he said calmly.

        "goodnight Ameera, my regards to your family" he said and drove off.

   I was speechless rooted to my spot did he just say"real" didn't expect such a comeback reply but was he serious.

    I instantly felt like my heart beat increased. What if it becomes real.what would i do?.

       Thanks for reading 😍😍!!!i had to make out time to write these so don't forget to click on vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter😉