Part 5

When I woke up the next day I was in a good mood.So instead of staying in my room all day, I decided to hangout in the living room with everyone else.

"Morning," I said as I rolled out of bed and Pony opened his eyes.

"Morning," Pony said as he too rolled out of bed.When I finished getting ready I walked out into the living room and sat on the couch next to Steve (the whole gang was already here).

"Hey girl," Steve said smiling as he put his arm around me.

"Hey," I said smiling.He kept his arm around me, which made me blush and feel weird, but it also made me feel protected and happy.

"Hey sis," Soda said as he sat next to me.He leaned down and whispered in my ear...

"Are you okay now,"

"Yeah, I guess," I whispered back and he nodded.I hung out with the gang for a little while, then Two-Bit asked me to talk.

"Can I talk to you outside," he asked.I nodded and followed him out on the front porch.

"So, I just wanna say I am really sorry for my comment the other night," Two-Bit said.I could tell he meant it.

"It's fine...I was just upset about something that happened at school," I said.

"What happened at school," he asked, I looked down at the ground.

"Well Cherry Valance just said something rude to me," I said.

"What did she say," Two-Bit asked.I sighed before I told him.

"She called me thick thighs," I said quietly, but loud enough so he could hear.The whole gang knew I was sensitive about my weight.

"That bitch...its okay Natalie, don't worry about her Nat, she doesnt know what shes talking about," Two-Bit said pulling me into a hug.I smiled into the hug, we broke the hug and walked inside.I sat back on the couch between Soda and Steve.Steve smiled at me when I sat down, and I smiled back.

"So what are we gonna do today guys," Soda asked.

"Well, it's getting nice out, and it's really hot today, so why don't we go to the beach," Steve suggested.We all smiled and nodded.We all ran to our rooms to get our swimsuits on, the gang running to there houses.I put on a black one peice with light blue polka dots, and dark blue swim shorts.I put on a long t-shirt over it.I walked into the bathroom and grabbed my towel.When I walked out into the living room all my brothers were there, ready.Pony was wearing red swim trunks.Soda was wearing orange swim trunks, and Darry was wearing blue ones.We waited in the living room until the rest of the gang walked in, wearing there swim trunks.Johnny was wearing red and blue swim trunks, Two-Bit was wearing mickey mouse trunks.Dally was wearing black trunks, and Steve was wearing light blue swim trunks.He didn't have his shirt on and oh god, he looked hot!My cheeks began getting hot, I hope no one noticed.Pony did, he elbowed me in my side, smirking.We all went outside and put sunscreen on before we got into the cars.Pony sprayed mine on for me, and I did the same for him.I noticed Dally wasnt putting any on so I walked over to him with sunscreen in my hand.

"Dallas, why aren't you putting sunscreen on," I asked.

"Because I don't need it," he said, crossing his arms, I rolled my eyes.

"Yes you do, cause when you get burned your gonna wish you put sunscreen on," I said crossing my arms to copy him.He sighed and nodded.I sprayed the sunscreen on him.Once we had everything packed we all got into the cars.Me, Pony, Steve and Johnny got into Steves car, while Darry, Dally, Soda and Two-Bit got into Darrys truck.In Steves car I sat in the front next to Steve, while Pony and Johnny sat in the back.I heard them whispering in the back every once in a while but I couldn't hear what they were saying.When we got to the beach we all got out of the cars and grabbed our things.We all ran to a spot in the sand we wanted and laid our towels down.Once we were all set up.I took off my t-shirt and we all began running into the water.I was almost completely in the water, only the top of me showing, when Steve ran up to me and tackled me into the water.When I came up from under the water I laughed and pushed him playfully.I swam out into the water were it was deeper, I knew Steve couldn't swim, so I was safe in the deep.Only me, Soda, Pony, Darry, and Johnny knew how to swim.My parents signed us all up when we were kids.

"Natalie!Get back over here!You know we can't swim!," Dally yelled when he noticed I was in the deep.I grounded and swam back over to them.

"What were you guys too scared to get me," I said, smirking.
"I'm not scared now," Dally said.I saw him coming at me and swam back for the deep end.Dally stopped when he knew he couldn't go any deeper, or he wouldn't be able to touch the bottom.I stuck my tongue out at him and laughed.

"Soda, go get me your sister," Dally said.Soda nodded and began swimming towards me.I gasped and began swimming deeper in the deep.I swam for awhile before Soda caught up to me and grabbed me.He held onto me with one amr as he swam back to the shallow, pulling me with him.I tried to break free but his grip was too strong.