Part 15

When Darry and Soda left the room me and Pony layed there silently, until he broke the silence.

"Why did you yell at Steve," Pony asked, by the sound of his voice I knew he was holding back tears.

"He wants me and you to move on....already...we just found out yesterday...we can't move on in a day....and I didn't mean to yell at him...I feel bad," I said.

"Mmmm," Pony said.He hasn't said too much since we found out..honestly I haven't either.

Ponys POV:

When I found out about my grandpa I was crushed.We were all close to him, but me and Natalie were most of all.We went to see him alot.And it was gonna be really different not being able to see him.Now we have really no one from our family, except each other.Steve and everyone else wants us to move on, but it's not fair.We need some time...I hope its not too much time.

Natalies POV:

Flashback - Pony and Natalie: age 5...Soda: age 8 Darry: age 11

"Natalie, Ponyboy!It's time for lunch!Grandpa yelled.Me and Pony jumped off the swings and raced down the hill into the house.When we sat at the table Soda and Darry were already there eating.Grandpa handed our plates and we smiled.

"Thanks grandpa," I said.

"Thanks," Pony said.Grandpa smiled and sat next to us.When we were done with lunch Darry helped us all wash our hands.We walked back out into the kitchen and Grandpa stood there smiling.

"Common guys, let's go in the woods," Grandpa said.We all smiled.Me and Pony began jumping up and down.We slipped our shoes on and ran out the door.When we got into the woods we were at the part where it was kinda scary.Me and Pony ran over to grandpa and clung to his legs.When we were out of the scary part we all began racing each other threw the woods...

End of flashback -

Tears slipped down my cheeks as I remembered that.I loved my grandpa so much.He was one of the most important people to me.And now I lost him...