Part 19

A few days later -

     Today was the day we will be reading my grandpa's will.I am kinda nervous to see what he left me if he left me anything at all.When we pulled up to the office place we were reading it at I felt my legs start shaking.I took a deep breathe before jumping out of the car.The gang was also there, they all knew my grandpa and we wanted them to be there incase he left any of them anything.We walked in the building and sat in the waiting room, waiting for Mr.Basset, the guy that's in charge of my grandpas will.

"Hello Curtis','' He said as he walked out and saw us.We all stood up and smiled. "And some not Curtis',".I laughed.

"Hello Mr.Basset," Darry said shaking his hand.

"If you all will follow me, we will get started," Mr.Bassett said.We nodded and followed him into his office, me and my brothers sat down while everyone else (except Steve) stood.Steve sat next to me, and held my hand.Mr.Basset took out some papers and I felt my heart start beating fast.

"Okay, so I'm just going to start at the top of the list, cause it seems to me that every single one of you got something...first here we have Darrel, this is what your grandpa wrote to you, Dear Darrel, you are a strong, kinda, and caring man.I've seen what you do for your siblings and the gang.None of us deserve the care you give.You gave up your life for your brothers and sisters.I will always look up to your for that.Darrel I love you, so I leave you my truck, it's not much but I know you could use it and you will use it well. Love, Grandpa," Mr.Bassett said, he handed Darry the note.As he read what my grandpa wrote I could hear him saying the words.I felt tears in my eyes but I held them in.I looked at Darry and he was close to tears too.I put my hand on my shoulder and smiled at him.He smiled back.

"Next is Ponyboy, Dear Ponyboy, you are my smart, and kind, man.You may have to share almost everything with your twin sister, but you take it like a champ.I know you will get far in life, and you are going to go places.I love you with all my heart.So to you I leave $5,000s to help get you threw collage, and $2,000s to help you after collage. Love Grandpa," Mr.Bassett said, he handed Pony the note.Pony was sitting next to me and as he read the note again he began crying.I took his hand in mine and squeezed it.He squeezed back and focused back on Mr.Basset.That was always something we did to help each other focus.

"Next is Steve, Dear Steve, I know you have a crush on my beloved granddaughter, and I'm sure by now you won her heart and she won yours.You are a very smart man, maybe not school smart but you are smart.You are great with cars, and I have never seen you not be able to fix a car.I know your knowledge of cars will take you far.I love you like a grandson.So to you I leave $3,000s to use responsibly, and all of my four wheelers. Love, Grandpa Curtis," Mr.Basset, he handed Steve the note.I let the tears fall.My grandpas four wheelers were some of his most prized positions, and I knew Steve would take good care of them...my grandpa knew too.I looked over at Steve and he was crying.He rubbed his back as Mr.Basset started talking again.