Part 7

"Soda, I know you're mad about me and Steve," I said as I held him tighter, not wanting him to get up and run away from me.

"Yeah, I am....I just don't like the thought of you Steve dating...he's my best friend, that's a boy, and you're my best friend, that's a girl, and my sister," Soda said in his baby voice.

"I know Soda....but just because you don't like it, doesn't mean me and Steve wont be together...don't you want us to be happy," I said.

"Of course I want you both to be happy...I just wish you didn't have to be happy with each other," Soda said as he wiped his tears away.

"Well I'm sorry Soda, but you are just gonna have to get used to us being together," I said as he broke the hug.

"Well when he hurts you don't come crying to me," Soda said before getting up and running out.I heard the front door slam, he ran out.I felt like crying but I didnt.I got up and walked into the living room.

"Where's Soda?," I asked, like I didn't already know.

"He ran out...Steve went after him," Two-Bit said.I sighed and ran out of the house.I knew something bad was gonna happen.I ran to the lot, they weren't there.But when I ran to the park I seen them there screaming at each other.Soda screamed something and Steve punched him in the face.They began fighting.They began rolling around punching each other.I ran over to them and tried to break it up.When I tried Soda kicked me in the face.I don't know if it was on purpose, but it hurt.I fell to the ground.I heard people running and I turned my head to see the rest of the gang running over to us.Darry, Dally, and Two-Bit split Soda and Steve apart, as Johnny and Pony ran over to me and held me.

"What happened," Pony said as he held me.

"I don't know, I ran here and they were yelling...and then they started fighting..and when I tried to break them up, Soda kicked me in the face," I said.Pony and Johnny looked at each other with concerned look, Pony nodded and began rocking me back and forth.