Chapter 11

The chimpanzees are going crazy with the metal works on repairing the plane, driving around the jeep while the parts are missing, swinging around the poles, and hammering down items with tools scattered around them. You on the other hand is still lifting up the heavy metal plating for the flooring. Some of the chimps ran pass you almost tripping and accidentally dropping the plate from you grip. You are getting tired from working all day, your muscles are getting sore from heavy lifting, your legs are shaking that are ready to fall asleep, and one of the chimpanzees would jump on your shoulder and dig through your hair for any fleas.

However, you saw you friends finally returning. You were happy to see them again, so you dropped the metal plate and ran up to them, but for Alex who is wearing a fruit hat and his expressing is unhappy; it's because he was upset about losing some kind of ritual tournament. This made you felt bad for him, he explained the whole story on what happened when he met his long lost parents, competing in a fighting tournament to be alpha lion, but he ended up losing and made his parents disappointed (mostly his dad was ashamed of him). You tried to cheer him up but rather let it aside thinking it's not the good time to do it.

Gloria appear that he got a date with a handsome male hippopotamus, but this made Melvin jealous of her love interest (you knew he has a crush on her in the first place). Both of them left the wrecked plane, you tried to open your mouth, but was cut off when (the real) Marty appear. The other zebra next to Alex is actually a random zebra.

Marty: "What the heck is going on here?"

Alex: "You're not- oh, he was no- I thought he- you're not him. He's oh.."

Marty: "You thought that guy was me?"

Alex: "No no no, I mean yes. Yes, you guys-"

Random Zebra: "You thought I was him?!"

Alex: "You guys do kind of look a little- a lot- you guys look a lot of like. Marty, you look alike. Come on you laugh alike, you talk alike, he has the same sort of speech pattern, I mean it's a little weird really. You guys I mean come on Marty."

Marty: "So, you're saying there's nothing unique about me? I'm just like any other zebra." This made him really upset at his best friend.

Alex: "No, of course you're different."

Random zebra and Marty: "How?" They both said it together.

This made Alex left in silence while smiling. He is thinking of a reason why they're different. You thought at first they look really similar due to what Alex said before, but will think it's a terrible idea to answer.

Alex: "Okay okay, I can't tell you apart, maybe you could wear a bell or something? I don't know."

Marty: "A bell?!"

Alex: "Okay, not a bell. Bell's a bad idea."

Marty: "How about a T-shirt that says 'I'm with Stupid'!"

Random Zebra: "I'm not stupid."

Marty: "Not you stupid. Him stupid."

Alex: "You know what, while you've been off doing the prancing pony with your new posse. I've been having pretty much having the worst day of my life, okay?"

Marty: "It's always about you isn't it?"

Alex: "My problems are just a little bit bigger than yours Marty. All right, I couldn't tell you apart so what?"

Marty then walk away from Alex.

Alex: "Yeah fine, run away Marty. Run away, that's what you do best just like back in New York!"

Marty: "I'm right here, but you can't tell that right? You're one of a million friend hopes you enjoy your bigger than anyone else's problems alone!" He said and walk off with the other zebra.

Alex: "Good, leave I don't need you to help me solve my problems. You know what, you're a dime of dozen I can't tell which one's Marty? Oh which one's Marty? Wait a minute wait a minute, oh yeah I don't care!"

Marty: "Nice hat, you show off." He shouted in the far distance while walking away from him.

Y/n was just standing there and witnessed their friendship breaking up, you tried every time on speaking up and saying something, but they cut you off. That's not how friends act at you when you're about to talk. This made you upset and walk away.

Alex turned his head facing your appearance walking away from the scene.

Alex: "Hey Y/n, where are you going?"

You ignored his response. You don't want to argue with him like what he did to Marty, it's going to make it worst for his problems; Y/n then continue on walking away from him. Y/n tried holding in the emotions and hiding the tears away from him. You couldn't handle the moment for a while, it is giving you a headache so you decided to get something to relax.

Y/n: 'I need to grab a drink.' You thought and move forward to the path.

You need a drink of water from the watering hole; the last time you came, the animals ran away from you in fear. Mistaking you as a Hunter. Why not another try again? Maybe you mean no harm. It will help you relax. Y/n need to have confidence of the animals in Africa, try smiling.

As you reached your destination, your eyes widen in surprised when the watering hole is completely dry up, no puddle of the clear liquid appearing on the crack.

Y/n: 'What happen to the water?' You couldn't believe your eyes, without water, you and the animals will not survive and suffer from dehydration.

You searched every water sources around the reserved area of Africa but nothing, all you found are dried up lakes and streams. You saw some animals are getting worried and a little bit of dehydrated. The plants around you are drying up as well.

Y/n: 'This can't be good.'