Chapter 20

Y/n's POV
-
The conversation between me and Santiago became normal as the both of us tell our side of the story. At first, Santiago thought I was breaking inside to rob him and accusing me as a thief, but I told him I'm not a thief and clarify my intentions so he listened. I didn't tell him the truth about the authorities chasing after us so I made a simple lie that my friends and I are circus performers too and needed a place to stay from....fans chasing us. Santiago understand my reason so he shared his side of the story where he and his partner Vitaly were the best in the circus and everyone loved them, but he doesn't want to explain why he and Vitaly stop working together.

Y/n: "It must be amazing working as an acrobatic."

Santiago: "Yeah, I was born to perform in the best shows. But my parents never understand my dream. They said it's a waste of time working at the circus and rather force me to study in college to become a doctor or a lawyer just like them. So I decided to leave the house and Spain to pursue my dream as an acrobatic." He said, confident in the last part.

Y/n: "Oh...I see. I'm...sorry to hear about it." I apologized trying to sound sincere.

Santiago: "It's no big deal. I'm enjoying my new life after all. I get along with the other performers including the circus animals as well. They're like my real family."

Y/n: "I wish I could see your performance. I bet it will be spectacular."

Santiago: "Si, we're heading to Rome in Italy next, then London, and finally America for our performance. Why don't you and your friends come and watch us after we arrive in Rome."

Y/n: "We will glad to." I said with sparkles in my eyes with excitement. But I didn't know I was holding his hands which cause the both of us to blush pink.

Santiago: "Um...hehe. It's getting late. Why don't you rest in my room? I have an extra bed next to mine." He said, letting go of my hands.

Y/n: "Oh um, yes thank you by the way." I said and accepted the offer.

-

The next day, the chimpanzee use their European disguise again (from the casino) to pay the Ringmaster on buying his circus with real gemstones. He accepted the deal and giving the buyer the deed certificate to the circus train and the worst part that Santiago's boss never told him about it and left him behind with the circus animals. That son of a-

Anyway, I felt bad for him but at least I'm keeping him company while the train took off to Rome with the penguins driving in the steam engine.

Santiago: "How on earth did your train your penguins to drive a train?"

Y/n: "Umm...I gave them books on advanced engineering years ago and they just learned the entire page in a few minutes. What can I say, they're intelligent and I'm proud of it." I lied.

Santiago: "Hm, impressive. Never knew you were that creative."

Y/n: "Hey, are you still upset this morning?"

Santiago: "Yeah, that my boss didn't tell me about it. Well it's not that bad because I rather stay in the circus and do more stunts." He said, looking at his paycheck his boss gave him.

Y/n: "Well I can't wait to see Rome."

Santiago: "You never been to Rome?"

Y/n: "Nope. My friends and I always had been traveling in different states when we were in America. Our ringmaster never planned traveling to International countries before." Another lie was made.

Santiago: "First time?"

Y/n: "That's correct. And it's amazing."

Santiago just smiled as he lean towards the door as he watch Y/n walk off to talk to her friends.