The Painted Veil

Nash POV

I can't believe how close we were to taking a break. I didn't realize how upset Cameron was when I approached him as he was lying on the hammock.

We're spooning and I'm the big spoon, my favorite position to be in. I kiss his shoulder gently and I pull him closer to me. I rub his stomach and chest gently. I feel kind of sore but it's the best kind of sore.

I need to do something about Nate. I can't let this continue as it is. Cameron doesn't say things just to get his way, he really meant it when he said he wanted to go to his mother's house.

I have no idea how to return to just a teammate relationship with Nate. He's just so pushy and I didn't want to make him mad at me by rejecting his friendship. But I can't let it ruin my relationship with Cameron. He's already made it clear that he's losing faith in us and that can't happen

If I lost him I wouldn't know how to live without him. He's such a core part of my life and I think it's something that Nate doesn't realize. I would never leave Cameron for him or cheat on Cameron. He's the most important person in my life and I need to make that clear.

I start trailing hot kisses from Cameron's shoulder to his neck, I start to suck slowly on his sweet spot, I lick the area gently to soothe it and then I suck a little harder. I know I'm being selfish but I want him to wake up, our fight last night has made me feel clingy.

God, I don't know what I would do if I lost him, nothing is more important to me than Cameron, not even Lacrosse, it means nothing without him. I need to remember that, I'm such a fuck up.

Cameron starts moving and I pull away from his neck, he turns onto his back and faces me. He blinks a few times sleepily and a slow smile spreads on his face.

I feel relief that I didn't even realize I needed. I guess in the back of my mind I was worried that Cameron might wake up in a bad mood.

"That's one of the best ways to wake up," he murmurs as he stretches. His morning voice is so fucking sexy, I'll never get tired of it.

"I agree," I say and my fingers trace the mark I made this morning. He rubs my side tenderly and we stare at each other for a while.

"I love you, Cameron." I say simply and I hope he sees all of the emotion I have behind those words, all of the feelings that I sometimes struggle to express.

"I love you too, Nash." He replies softly and I know he understands what I'm trying to express.

We cuddle together for most the morning, I know most of our friends are up but I want to enjoy this quiet time with Cameron, it's one of the reasons why we came up here to begin.

Eventually we get hungry, he and I shower together, once we're all ready we head downstairs and most of our friends are already scattered around the living room, they whistle and holler at us, giving us shit for how loud we were last night but we don't give a shit.

I serve us some fresh fruit for breakfast and sit down at the kitchen table and pull Cameron onto my lap, he gives me a surprised but happy smile.

"I missed having you on my lap feeding me strawberries like when we were in high school," I whisper in his ear and suck on the lobe a little bit, Cameron shivers and I smirk.

Cameron feeds me some strawberries and pieces of mango and I suck the juice from his fingers each time. We share a heated look before we're interrupted by Taylor making gagging noises.

"I thought we were free from the bullshit once we graduated high school. Can you guys not? People are trying to eat here," he says as he casually takes a bite of his pancakes.