Requiem

Nash POV

I can't believe I didn't notice how much Cameron was struggling. Now that I know I watch him closely and he has such an unhappy expression most of the time. I want to kill Jacob for affecting Cameron so much, he was his closest friend here. I always include Cameron when I go out with my team but he's quiet and I know he feels awkward around them.

We're packing for our weekend away and I pray that it's enough to keep Cameron happy throughout the week. We're going to go up there every weekend and I'm looking forward to it, honestly.

I grab our bags and load them into the trunk, we get in and I drive us to the cabin. As I drive Cameron is looking out the window I grab his hand and stroke it gently with my thumb, Cameron glances at me and smiles.

"I love you, baby." I tell him and his smile widens, I'm glad I can still make him happy.

"I love you too, Nash." He replies and I hold his hand the entire drive to the cabin. When we arrive there's already a car parked in the driveway, I don't recognize it. When we get out the occupants of the unfamiliar car get out too, it's Matt and some blonde guy with tattoos all over his arms.

We hug Matt and he smiles happily at us.

"Guys, this is Justin. Justin this is Nash and Cameron," he introduces us and I nod at him. I unlock the door and we enter the cabin. Justin whistles as he looks around.

"Nice place you have," he says and we head outside.

"Thanks," I tell him and when he sits down Matt sits down on his lap. Justin wraps his arms around Matt and I smile at I see how happy Matt is in his new relationship. Cameron sits down next to me and I pull him into my arms, he rests his head on my shoulders and I play with his hair gently.

"How did you guys meet?" Cameron asks curiously, Matt and Justin share a look.

"We met at the gym, I started going after my break up with Carter as a way to relieve my stress. He noticed me and asked me out in a date. I wasn't ready to date yet but he waited patiently for me to be ready, he helped me do weight training meanwhile. We finally went on a date a few weeks after that and... here we are. I'm so happy with him," Matt says and Justin starts to rub his back gently.

He's so open with his affection for Matt and that's exactly what he needs.

"I'm so happy for you, Matt. You deserve to be happy," Cameron says and it's the first time in weeks that he looks genuinely happy.

I left the front door unlocked so the rest of our friends can enter easily. The door to the deck opens and Carter steps outside. His eyes wide and he freezes and he sees Matt on Justin's lap. I glance at Cameron and he has a smug look on his face. Carter clenches his jaw and he starts walking again, he sits down next to Cameron and I.

"What's up, man?" I greet him and Carter shrugs,he has a miserable expression on his face. Cameron and Matt ignore him, I don't blame them.

It doesn't take long for Taylor, Shawn, JJ and Jack to arrive and soon enough we're all sitting outside drinking some beer that Taylor brought and chatting about school and life in general.

Cameron is relaxed in my arms and he looks content. I press a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"You guys ready to swim?" I ask and everyone is agreement. Cameron and I head up to our room to change into our swim shorts.

Once we're changed he goes to open the door but I stop him and pull him close to me.

"It's such a relief to see you happy, baby." I murmur before pressing my lips against his.