Exit Strategy

Nash POV

I'm driving us to school and Cameron has been distracted all morning on his phone.

"What's up?" I ask him and I glance at him when I stop at a red light. He sighs softly and rubs his eyes, I get worried because he only does that when he's really stressed.

"You know my friend Jacob?" He asks me and I nod, I haven't really gotten to know him because we have like nothing in common but he's been nice to Cameron so I can't not like him.

"He... apparently has feelings for Nate who is his roommate and he's freaking out. He knows some of the stuff that's happened but obviously I didn't tell him what happened in the locker room," Cameron trails off and I shrug.

"Maybe he'll catch Nate's attention and they'll live happily ever after?" I comment and Cameron sighs softly. I know he didn't like my comment but oh well I just want Nate to get out of my life.

"Anyway wasn't he texting Sammy?" Cameron asks and I nod.

"But I talked to Sammy and he said he would stop texting him because who wants to date a creeper?" I reply and Cameron gives me a look. "What?"

"You want my fucking friend to date him," he says and I have no response because he's right.

I park the car and look at Cameron but he's already half way out of the car, I try to reach for him but he slams the door and I groan and hit my head a few times against the wheel.

I'm such a brute sometimes, I swear to God.

Cameron ignores my texts all day and I'm getting pissed off towards the end of the day, he's acting like I said that about his childhood friend, not some asshole he met a couple of months ago.

I have practice today so I stop begging for Cameron's forgiveness to concentrate on my warm up and stretching. I focus on what I'm doing so that I don't get more pissed off than I already am.

I glance over at the bleachers once I'm done warming up and I feel relief to see Cameron sitting there reading his book. I contemplate going up to him but I decide to give him space. When I glance back at him as I wait for practice to start he's looking up at me. He waves me over when he sees I'm looking at him.

I jog over to him, I guess I should apologize for being an asshole but he should apologize for ignoring me all fucking day.

"Hi, baby." I tell him softly, I lean in and give him a soft kiss. I rub his thighs gently with my hands as I pull away.

"Mmm, hey sexy." He replies and I lean in again and give him another kiss.

And just like that we're back to normal and whatever was wrong no longer matters.

I finally pull away when the coach blows his whistle, I swear to God whenever I kiss Cameron before practice or a game I always do better.

Practice runs long and I feel bad for Cam. I skip out on going to the locker afterwards mainly because I want to go home but also because I don't want talk to Nate, at all.

We walk together to my car and I throw my Lacrosse shit in my trunk. Cameron is already in the car and when I turn to go to the front I'm blocked by Nate.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now? What the actual fuck, Nate?" He makes me go from 0 to 100 instantly.

"I just want to talk Nash, please." He says quietly as he holds his hands up.

I cross my arms and look at him.

"What the fuck do you want?" I say and he licks his lips and looks at me.

"I'm sorry, Nash. What I did was wrong and about unlike me. It's just I meet someone that I'm completely interested in and he already has a boyfriend and he isn't into me. It was just frustrating and I got crazy. I swear I'm not like that, ask any of my friends." He explains passionately and I tilt my head at him.

I have to deal with him for at least another year.

"Fine," I say and he smiles at me. He sticks out his hand and I shake it. I let go before he gets any ideas and when I get into the car Cameron is looking at me with a raises eyebrow.

"I let him say what he needed to say so that he could leave me the hell alone," I explain as I drive off and he nods at me and returns to using his cellphone. When we get home I let out a sigh of relief, here with Cameron is where I feel happiest.

We spend the rest of the night together doing homework with soft music playing in the background. It's like the simplest thing but I love being here with Cameron, in our own place lying in bed and doing homework together.

I don't bring up the whole Nate and Jacob situation, it's awkward and I plan to avoid it as long as possible. I chew on the tip of my pencil and look down at my math problem with my brows furrowed.

"I fucking hate this class," I mutter and Cameron shifts beside me, he's reading his biology book.

"Why's that baby?" He asks and glances up at me.

"Because it's breaking my life," I say dramatically and I throw my pencil onto my paper.

Cameron laughs at me softly and he shakes his head. "You're funny, Nash."

I stare at him as he reads his book and highlights important information. I'm lucky. I know I am. Somehow my dumb ass caught the attention of this angel and made him fall in love with me.

I feel so happy right now. I have an amazing boyfriend, I'm going to school at my dream college and I'm playing Lacrosse. Life is as good as it can get for me and no one can take that away.

A/n- short filler sorryyyyy do you guys still like this story?

Also if you're not reading Non Compos Mentis by janiahhh then I don't know what you're doing with your life. That book is my freaking obsession right now.