Chapter 21: Hang In There!

The sight you saw was horrible... Blood splattered on the furnitures, the living room was unrecognizable. It was in a big mess and...

You saw a body on the ground. It was your dad, he was laying on the ground motionless... There was blood on his shirt and he had numerous bruises that seemed quite deep. Not far from his body was your mom's.... She seemed less hurt and bruised than your dad... From the sight you could see that they tried to fight back...

You hastily ran up to your dad as he was the nearest to you... With trembling hand you took his and checked his pulse. To your pleasant surprise he was still alive... You started to shake him. He slowly opened his eyes and his breathing rate was slow.

F/n: Y-y/n...

Y/n: Yes!! It's m-me

You mentally cursed yourself for stuttering... Tears debating to fall down, you stayed strong.

F/n: I.. I don't have enough time right now... Call the ambulance...

Without losing a single time you grabbed your phone and call the emergency hotline... The seconds they took to answer seemed to be like hours.

"please pick up, please pick up"
You kept repeating to the phone while you were mentally praying for your parents.

Finally, they answered. A woman answered to be more precise.

Dispatcher: Hello? How can I help you?

Y/n: HELLO please..... Help me. Help my parents...

You then couldn't handle it anymore, you busted out in tears

Y/n: Someone... Help... They harmed my parents...
You said in between your sobs.

The dispatcher started to be tensed, you could feel it by the tone of her voice.

Dispatcher: Okay Okay... Miss calm down please... Could you please tell us exactly what happened..

You took a deep breath and told her what you saw, you also informed her that your dad was still alive but really injured.

Dispatcher: Alright, are you alone right now? Is the intruder still here??

Y/n: I-I'm all alone, no I don't think the trespasser is here...

Dispatcher: Good... Could you please tell us your address please?

You told her your exact address and even told her the appearance of your house.

Dispatcher: Now... Is your mom alright?

Y/n: Wait I'll... Check...

You ran to your mom... She was unconscious but she was still breathing... And her breathing rate was fortunately normal.

Y/n: Y-yeah... She's unconscious right now though....

Dispatcher: Alright what's your name. How old are you... We are coming soon to help you.

Y/n: My name is Y/n l/n... I'm 15.

Dispatcher: Alright... Y/n I'd like you to stay with your parents, we are on our way.

You complied and stayed with your parents.

F/n:...Y/n...

You turned your attention to your dad.

Y/n: Yes dad I'm here.

Your dad started to cough.

Y/n: D-dad... Are you alright... They are on there way!

As you said those words, someone loudly knocked at the door, it made you flinched...