Chapter 29: Back To Work

As you opened the door, you saw your mom laying down on her hospital bed, she had a respiratory mask and there was also a lot of machines with wires resting on the floor. She was  peacefully breathing, her chest was going up and down slowly.

Like the nurse said, she was asleep.

You turned your attention to your dad, who was sitting on his bed. He had a plaster around his left arm, a bandage around his head.

He was looking outside from the video. His eyes were slowly blinking, nearly closing in the process. He must have been really tired as he didn't noticed that you have arrived.

You cleared your throat to let know your presence.

Y/d/n: I know, I need to take my morning dose, I'll take them.
He thought that it was a nurse.

Y/n: So you didn't take your morning dose?
You joked

He swiftly turned his head upon hearing your voice, his eyes widened and he let out a loud shriek.

Y/d/n: Y/n!!

You gently placed the flowers on the dresser which was situated in between the bed of your father and your mother.

Then you rushed to your dad and gave him a big hug. You tried your best not to cry.

Y/d/n: It must have been scary back then?

You furiously nodded your head yes.

Y/n: But I wasn't alone! I had my group they stayed with me-
Speaking of them, one of them, Taehyung sent those flowers for you and mom.

You said while showing him the flowers.

Your dad gently smiled at you.

You talked with him for some time when you heard a muffled sound.

You flinched and turned around, it was your mom. She woke up. She rubbed her eyes to adjust her eyesight to the light.

You ran to her and she engulfed you in a big hug

You told her all that happened the day they were attacked.

Y/n: If only, if only I arrived earlier... Maybe all of that wouldn't have happened!

Your parents assured you that it's not your fault and you shouldn't blame it on you.

You sighed and nodded to there statements but deep inside, you couldn't believe that, to you it was all your fault.

Your mom adored the flowers.

You all peacefully talked, then you remembered that the others are waiting for you.

Y/n: Hey... So uhm I have to continue the investigation

You said reluctantly in the fear that they will be mad at you for continuing.

Y/m/n: You are continuing?? No no no it's really dangerous, you saw what happened to us right??

Y/n: But mom! The culprit wants me to stop, and if I do it then his plan will work.

Your parents exchanged looks and were still hesitant about your choices.

After thinking for some time they eventually give in and accepted your decision.

Y/d/n: Fine, but...
He trailed

Y/n: But?...
You emphasize

Y/m/n: Promise us that you will be careful.
Your mom said sternly.

Y/n: I will don't worry!
You said while standing up and walking to the door.

As you reached the door knob, your dad called you. You turned around to see what was the matter.

You saw your parents, both fists up and they said together:

Fighting

You smiled at them and did the same.

You exited there room and you saw the others peacefully sitting, waiting for you. Surprisingly no one was arguing, no one shouted, it wasn't chaotic... It was silent.

You slowly approached them. Yoongi was the first one to notice you.

Yoongi: You are back.

They all shifted their attention to you.

Hoseok: Welcome back!

Namjoon: So how was it?

Jungkook: Your parents are fine now aren't they?

Taehyung: Hey! Did they like my flowers??

You chuckled and replied to all their questions. They were assured that they are stable and fine now. Taehyung was ecstatic about the fact that your parents loved his flowers.

Jin: Alright, now that they are okay, we can continue our work, let's go...

You left the hospital and went back to your respective car.

A/n: Hey there! Here's Chapter 29. Chapter 30 will be out soon💜💜