Chapter 52: Play With Fire

Issabella: Sorry....

On these words she was about to sprint to the front door but Jo-isso grabbed her arm and pulled her down.

They were currently crouched down near the sink. Every time a tiny drop of water would fell down from the tap, it felt like it was resonating throughout the room.

Jo-isso: What do you think your are doing Issabella!

Jo-isso hissed.

Issabella: I... I just wanted to protect you. Run run as far as you can, go get help I'll manage...

She said grabbing the long knife.

Jo-isso: No! Y/n and the others are here!! And Issabella should i remember you that I'm your boss? And as your boss i order you to stay here.

She said with a glare, a glare that not even Issabella had ever saw. Isso's words were like a sharp knife being brutally stabbed inside Isabella's heart... It really hurts to hear someone you considered family telling you that your are just a mere worker and she is your boss.

Of course Isso didn't mean to hurt her but it was the only way to trigger Isabella and to not make her budge.

°°°Outside°°°

Y/n: Let's go!
You outstretched your arm to open the door but Yu-bin stopped you.

Yu-bin: We are not going down there. Well I'm not...

Jimin: Why! We need to go.

Jin: No wait... Yu-bin is right. We don't know if Woo-chan is really unharmed! Who knows, that serpent may be pretending...

Yu-bin: He may be pretending so that we fall in his trap.

Yu-bin continued.

Jin looked at him with a mix of admiration and a tint of pride.

Jin: Say, you still remember the rules...

Yu-bin: Oh how could I ever forget them. Rule 23 D.S.A

Jimin: And that means?

Yu-bin and Jin exchanged a quick glance before saying at the same time:

Yu-bin & Jin: Don't panic, Stay Calm and Analyze...

They locked eyes and both quickly looked away.

Yu-bin's cheeks turned slightly crimson while Jin flushed with embarrassment.

The atmosphere was worst, the silence between them seemed to burn and stretch like a lit thread.

Y/n: So we wait... But we can't wait forever!!

Jimin: Y/n is right, Jo-isso and Issabella may need help.

The conversation was interrupted by a buzz.

It was Taehyung who sent a message on the group.

You all came close to the phone, slightly squeezing each other. It read:

Guys don't move.

You weren't very far away, the Pearson's house was still in your field of view.

But in the way you were parked, you really doubt if Woo-chan could see you. Plus he was half unconscious, like a zombie roaming around in search of human flesh.

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

You jumped out of your skin upon hearing loud gunshots. You had a cold sweat and started to imagine the worst scenario.