Chapter 23: The Culprit

Ji-Hoon: The police wants to talk to
y/n...

A few moments ago in Seol's police office

Police officer: Man this day was really hard

Namjoon: Yeah...

The officer just awkwardly sipped his coffee but he didn't really liked the atmosphere and the uncomfortable silence so he tried to keep the conversation on.

Officer: Hey...so how's the case? With Detective Seok-Jin and all?

Before Namjoon could respond the phone of the office rang

Namjoon speed walked to the phone and answered it.

Namjoon: Seol's police office how can we help you? Someone has been attacked??... I see... Alright we are coming.

All the officers gathered around Namjoon.

Namjoon: Prepare the cars someone has been attacked, we are going in the crime scene.
He said loud and clear.

In a matter of seconds everyone was ready go, with all there equipments.

Namjoon: I hope there are alright...

°°Present time outside your house°°

Hikari: Already?

Ji-Hoon: Yes... They are here.

He said while pointing behind him. You peaked your head to see the police and indeed they were talking amongst themselves. Some even already entered your house and started to take pictures of the crime scene.

While looking you noticed a familiar head. It was... Namjoon!

He locked eyes with you and he was shocked to see you... He wasn't expecting the victims to be your relatives... Just some hours your were with them...

Namjoon: Y/n?!
He finally spoke

He jogged towards you, Hikari and Ji-Hoon were quite surprised that you knew each other.

Y/n: Namjoon...

Namjoon: It's going to be alright don't worry... We'll discover who did it! No follow me.

He grabbed your wrist and gently pulled you inside the house.

Your house was unrecognizable... Yellow tape with "Crime do not enter" written on... Police everywhere talking and taking pictures, they even marked where your parents were.

Namjoon: Unfortunately it won't be me who will talk to you... But if you need anything I'll be right here

Y/n: If it's not you... Then who will it be?

??? : It's me

You turned to see a woman with a writing board in her hand and pen.

Namjoon: That's Lee Ji-eun. She will question you.

Y/n: Umh Okay then.

Ji-eun nodded her head to say yes.

Namjoon: Alright I'll leave you two now.

Ji-eun: Y/n is it?

Y/n: Yes... Y/n l/n.

Ji-eun: Good. I'm Lee Ji-eun and I'll interrogate you, i know Namjoon already made the presentation but still...
She ended by giving you a warm smile.

You didn't really know what to say just nodded your head to not be impolite, she does seem really approachable and nice though.

Ji-eun: Alright it's time to be serious now. Tell me do you might know who did it?

Y/n: Honestly No... My parents were really good people and they done nothing wrong.

Ji-eun: I se-

She was interrupt by a male shouting "We have found something!"

Ji-eun frowned her eyebrows before apologizing and leaving.

Since you were really curious about their discovery, you followed her behind.

They were all in the kitchen surrounding something. You were on your tip toes trying to see what was it, Then you saw what it was...

Someone wrote in big and bold letters on the wall:
"Continue looking for Kate and you'll see worse"

You were aghast by what you saw...
Namjoon was there too and he had the same expression on his face.

Ji-eun: Oh dear...

Namjoon: I think i know who is culprit...
Namjoon said while looking at you.

Namjoon: You see, Y/n works with Detective Seok-Jin and other people to found Kate the missing girl of the Pearson's... And I think he isn't really happy that we are progressing in our investigations..

Y/n: Do you think... He did that to threaten me?

Namjoon: I'm afraid yes.