Chapter 46: Jeahyun, Origins

???: My name is Park Jeahyun.

Your eyes were wide as saucers.

Jeahyun: You promise you will help me right?

Y/n: Yes, why are you asking me the same thing over and over again?

Jeahyun:....

You soon realized that your words weren't the sweetest and decided to apologize.

Y/n: Hey... I'm sorry I didn't mean it.

Jeahyun: No it's fine, I'll help you out.
He declared decisively.

He walked and picked up his knife and dusted it off using his shirt.

The knife seemed quite old. It's blade had some rusty part and it also had a red string attached to it.

You were really intrigued to it but decided to not point it out.

He marched behind you, crouched down to your level before cutting the tight rope holding both of your hands together.

He did it in a very quick and swift manner.

His knife skills were really good.

Y/n: Woah... You're really skilled!
You said with admiration.

He looked down to his old knife before chuckling slightly.

Jeahyun: Thanks... It's my dad who taught me how to use it...

Bittersweet memories flooded in his head. The time when life seemed to be perfect. Sure enough he only had his dad but the latter always made sure to cater to his son's needs.

His dad had a burning passion for the sharp weapon.

Actually, Jeahyun's very own knife used to be the one his dad loved the most.

But his life took a 360° turn one day, everything was perfect until...

The company his dad used to work, faced bankruptcy and had to close its doors, resulting to hundreds of people loosing their dear jobs. Jeahyun's dad included.

Jobless, day by day it was more difficult to even have food for dinner... That was when Jihoon, Jeahyun's dad founded a new particular job...

He was hired to kidnap people.

Jihoon never told his son about his job. He knew it would make Jeahyun uneasy, what would he reply when people ask him what does his dad work for?

He couldn't afford to see his child face such humiliation. So he lied. He kept it a secret and told his son that he will go job hunting when in reality he would go kidnap innocent individuals.

But Jeahyun grew suspicious of his dad. When one day, he came across of large red envelope resting on the old table of the living room, holding 899000$ in cash in it.

In it was a small note thanking Jihoon for his work. Never in his life Jeahyun had the chance to hold such amount of money, hell he never even saw so much.

And his dad earned it? He obviously knew something was fishy.

But decided to stay quiet over the matter.

That was until Jeahyun came back from school expecting his dad watching the news or maybe preparing ramen for him. Like he usually do.

But instead he saw his dad dead in his own house.

There wasn't blood, it seemed like someone choked him, and all the windows were closed. The latter was so confused, was this some kind of sick joke?

He wished this was just one of his dad's usual pranks, that he would jump out of his position and engulf him in a warm hug.

He wished

As he approached, he noticed that his father wasn't breathing.

Jeahyun's shaky legs couldn't support him anymore. He fell down which caused a loud thud before uncontrollably crying begging god to give him back his father.

These images will forever stay scared in his head.

He ran outside searching for help. That's when he was greeted by a strange man.

Jeahyun: Out of my way! My dad needs medical attention.
He yelled

???: There there it seemed like you are Jihoon's son!
He said while laughing.

Jeahyun slowly walked in the opposite direction still facing the man.

Until he loosed balance and fell down.

The man crouched down at him.

???: I came to make sure that he was dead. But I must say you're the spitting image of your father-
Oops or should i say dead father?

He mocked while emphasizing the word 'dead'

Jeahyun: LIES! I-.... Dad is....
He was gasping at the realization that his father was gone and lost his words

???: I won't lie he was quite useless and we didn't trust him at all.

Jeahyun felt numb, where will he go now?
That's when all his doubts changed into facts.

The big black bags his dad used to buy supposedly for the dustbin, the tape, ropes... Everything clicked in his head.

His own father used to kidnap innocent people just to be able to feed him...

-----

Y/n: Jeahyun? Hello! Are you here!
Jeahyun was weirdly staring at his knife, as if he was thinking about something.

He quickly snapped out of his thoughts before clearing his throat.

Jeahyun: Yeah uh... Let's go. Don't make a single noise.
He warned you.

*CLANK*
The old metallic door made weird noises as Jeahyun turned its knob.

You squinted your eyes as the light blinded you. After all it was preety dark in the room you were in.

After your eyesight adjusted to the light, you analyzed the place, there was several doors next to each other and a large free space area in the middle. You approached it and looked down. There was actually five more level down you. You were located in what seemed a cylindrical building.

You gulped loudly, Namjoon was in one of these rooms.

Jeahyun: Alright, I'll help you for a bit the others aren't here... But they'll be back in a while.

Y/n: Wait! Before we go, do you... Know who is behind all of this? Like your boss?

A/n: Hope you liked it \(°^°)/