Lost Child of Vecta

You open your eyes and you sit up looking around to see it was a forest.

Raijin: Where am I? I remember being in the apartment and walking with Yuuki. These clothes am I inside a game?

You stand up.

Raijin: Command. Log out.

A butterfly lands on your finger.

Raijin: That looks to real to be a 3D object. Wait, am I inside STL Underworld? But my memories from the real world should've been blocked... Kikuoka ! Mr. Higa! Can you temporarily abort the dive?! There seems to be a problem!

But nothing happened. You walked towards the river and washed your face. But you heard a loud sound and you suddenly had a vision of a little boy and a little girl.

Raijin: What was that? Why do I feel so nostalgic and frustrated?

You followed the sound and you see a giant tree. You walked towards it and you see a guy leaning against the tree. He turned and looked at you.

???: Who are you? Where did you come from?

Raijin's (thoughts): A test player like me? Or an NPC?

???: What's wrong?

Raijin: Um... my name is... Raijin.

???: Raijin?

Raijin: I was coming from over there, but then I got lost.

???: Over there? South of the forest? Did you come from Zakkaria?

Raijin: N-No, that's not it. The thing is, I don't know where I came from.

???: Huh? You don't know... not even the town you live in?

Raijin: N-No, I don't remember. When I came to, I was in the forest.

???: I can't believe it. I've heard the stories but I've never seen one before. A lost child of Vecta.

Raijin: Vecta?

???: Huh? Isn't that what they're called in your homeland? That's what people are called in my village who suddenly vanish without a trace, or suddenly appear in the forest or in a field. Dark God Vecta likes to prank humans by spiriting them away, stealing their memories, and leaving them somewhere far away.

Raijin: I-I see. Then maybe that's what I am. So you see, I'm in a bit of a bind. So what I want... is to get out of here.

???: Is that so? Well, this is a vast forest. You're bound to get lost if you don't know the way. But don't worry. There's a path that acutally leads to the north.

Raijin: Actually... I want to log out!

???: Log... What did you say?

Raijin: Nothing. It means that I'd like to find a place to stay in town.

???: Really? That's the first time I've ever heard that phrase.

Raijin's (thoughts): He could be a test player but they probably blocked his memories.

???: My village is just to the north, but we never get any travelers so there isn't an inn. But if we explain the situation, maybe Sister Azalia at the church will help you.

Raijin: I-Is that right? Then I'll try going to the village.

???: Hold on. The men-at-arms they might not let you into the village if you're alone. I'll go with you and explain your situation.