Acceptance

Amayori landed on the ground as Alice dropped down while holding you in her arms.

Eldrie: Mentor! I always believed in you!

Alice saw Eldrie running towards you and her. But Eldrie stopped after he saw you.

Alice: We need to speak.

Eldrie: This way.

Alice followed Eldrie to a nearby tent. Eldrie brought out a wheelchair and she sets you down on it.

Alice: Eldrie, we don't have much time before the gate's destroyed and enemy pushes through.

Eldrie: The enemy army has about 50,000 troops. We have 3,000. We have to give them what training we can.

Alice: Where are the other Integrity Knights? From above, I could only see seven outside.

Eldrie: That's everyone.

Alice: That's ridiculous. There should be 31 members of the order, including me.

Eldrie: Surely you're aware, Lady Alice. That Prime Senator Chudelkin had been using a retuning art on knights who showed symptoms of memory issues. Ten of those knights have yet to awaken from that art. At this time, 21 knights are awake. Four are watching the Cathedral and the capital, and the four are patrolling the End Mountains.

Alice: That leaves thirteen.

Eldrie: Our forces are already stretched too thin. And yet, Lady Alice... Do you intend to shield that young man while you fight?

Alice: Of course I do. Because I swore to protect him.

Eldrie: You musn't, Mentor! Should you encumber yourself with such deadweight in battle, not only it will diminish the power of your sword, it could expose you to danger yourself!

???: Well, don't get worked up, Eldrie.

Alice turned around to see Bercouli.

Bercouli: Yo, little one. I'm relieved to see you look better than I expected. Have your cheeks filled in a little?

Alice: Uncle. It's been a long time.

Bercouli looked at you sitting on the wheelchair. Alice noticed it and she started to get a little worried about the situation. Alice slowly grabbed her sword.

Bercouli: It's all right, little one.

Suddenly something was blocked but there was nothing to be seen.

Alice: U-Uncle...?

Bercouli: Little one, did you just see that?

Alice: Yes. It was only for an instant, but I definitely saw the flash of a sword.

Bercouli: I launched an Incarnate Sword, or rather, a dagger at that young man. If it had hit, it would've sliced some of his skin off his cheek.

Alice: If it had... hit? Which means...

Bercouli: That's right. He stopped it. With his own willpower. It doesn't look like the young man's mind is here. But he's not dead. Listen. The boy wasn't protecting himself, but you, little one. So he'll be back one day. That's what I think. Probably when you need him the most.

Alice: (smiles) Raijin...

Alice hugged you.

Bercouli: As you can see, Eldrie. We can look after one young man.

The sky started to darken. Alice brought you into the tent and she helped you onto the bed. You didn't reach for the swords because it was next to the bed.