Administrator

After diving into the portal to escape from the Integrity Knight. You fell face first into the floor as Eugeo landed safely next to you.

Raijin: Ow...

???: We were detected. This back door can't be used anymore.

You and Eugeo looked to see it was a little girl.

Raijin: Uh... Thank you for saving us. Uh...

Eugeo: It's nice to meet you. I'm Eugeo. And this is Raijin. Thanks. You saved us. Um, do you live here?

???: Of course not. Come with me.

You and Eugeo followed her in the hallway.

Raijin: Is this inside the Central Cathedral now?

???: You could say that it is. You could also say that it isn't. As I've deleted the regular door, although this place exists inside the cathedral, no one is able to enter. Unless it's at my invitation.

She opens the door and the room was a gigantic library.

Eugeo: A great... library.

???: Indeed. The records of all history since this world was created and the structural formulae of all things under the heavens, as well as very system command, or what you call the sacred arts, are stored here.

Raijin: Who are you, exactly?

Cardinal: My name is Cardinal. I was once the regulator of the world, now I am the sole librarian of this great library.

Eugeo: All history?

Cardinal: Indeed. Even the creation account from when the gods Stacia and Vecta divided the world into the Human Empire and the realm of darkness is recorded here. You may read it if you wish. But first, both of you hold out your right hands.

You and Eugeo held out your right hands and she made the chains break and Eugeo sneezed.

Raijin: You okay there?

Eugeo: Yeah.

Cardinal noticed that Eugeo was wet from the water.

Cardinal: You need to warm yourself up. It's not spacious, but down that corridor, there's a bathroom. Go on now.

Eugeo: Thank you. I'll gladly accept your offer. Also, Ms. Cardinal. Um, well...

Cardinal: (smiles) Up those stairs is the history gallery. I'll get you something to eat after you bathe.

Eugeo: Thank you very much. Please excuse me for a bit.

Eugeo left to go take a bath. Leaving you and Cardinal alone together.

Cardinal: Unfortunately, the records here were fabricated by the pontifex of the Axiom Church.

Raijin: So no gods exist in this world?

Cardinal: None. The myths that the Underworld people believe in are merely the propaganda spread by the church to establish its rule. Although the names of the gods have been registered as super user accounts for emergencies, no human from the outside world has logged in with one.

Raijin: So you're not a resident of the Underworld... You're an existence close to the system supervisors from the outside world.

Cardinal: Indeed. And you're the same as well, right? Unregistered resident Raijin.

Raijin: Yeah... The name of the ones who created the Underworld is Rath. Am I right?

Cardinal: Correct.