The Blue Rose

You were sleeping peacefully until you felt someone tapping on your shoulder.

Raijin: Ten more minutes... Maybe only five...

???: No. Wake up.

You looked to see Koharu.

Raijin: Koharu?

She removed the blanket from you and it covered Koharu. But once it fell it was Selka.

Selka: Snap out of it. It's already 5:30. You may be a guest and a lost child of Vecta, but you're still expected to get up on time, okay?

Raijin: Okay...

{6 Hours Later}

You were with Eugeo at the tree. Eugeo was chopping the tree while you were sitting down resting.

Eugeo: Let's have some breakfast.

Raijin: Right.

Eugeo gave you bread.

Raijin: Ittadakimasu.

You bite into the bread but it was hard to bite off.

Eugeo: I really wish you could've tasted Alice's pie. The crust was so flaky, and there was so much filling. Having it with some fresh milk, I couldn't think of anything in the world that tasted better.

Raijin: So, Alice's Calling was a baker?

Eugeo: *chuckles* No, it wasn't. Alice was studying the sacred arts at the church. She was known as the greatest prodigy ever born in this town, and she could cast all kinds of arts by the time she was ten.

Raijin: That's amazing. Then what about Selka, the girl living in the church now?

Eugeo: She's Alice's little sister. After Alice was gone, she moved into the church to become a nun and to study the sacred arts.

Raijin: Now that I think of it. There were other kids there besides Selka.

Eugeo: Those kids were taken in after they lost their parents. Ever since an epidemic broke out in the village three years ago. And that's not everything. All these odd things seem to be happening a lot lately. There's talk that a horde of goblins appeared far south on the main road and have been attacking and abducting people.

Raijin: Goblins?

Eugeo: But I think they're just rumors. Because an Integrity Knight would've subdued them right away. They have to. All Alice did was touch the ground in the land of darkness, and those goblins are much, much worse.

Raijin: Eugeo.

Eugeo: Still, it's true that after the last two or three years, there are more graves behind the church.

Raijin: Isn't there a way to bring someone back to life with the sacred arts?

Eugeo: I don't know. It's not the same, but Alice did say that there's a high-level sacred art that can stop life from decreasing.

Raijin: Stop life from decreasing?

Eugeo: Yeah. She was surprised to see a passage about that art in one of the church's ancient books. I mean, apparently only the highest priests in the Axiom Church can use it.

Raijin: Axiom Church?

Eugeo: The big shots in the capital city who wrote the Taboo Index.

Raijin: In other words, it's not like just anyone can use the sacred art that stops life from decreasing.

Eugeo: Of course not. The sacred arts' source is the sacred power that Solus and Terraria suffuse the air and the land with. The more elaborate the secret art, the more sacred power it requires. There's nobody who can wield such a power not even in Zakkaria.