Alice

After you and Eugeo walked out of the room. You and Eugeo were surprised to see a green tube.

Raijin: What is this? Hey, something's coming.

You and Eugeo were ready as a platform came down but you and Eugeo saw a woman inside.

???: Thank you for your patience. Which floor would you like to visit?

Eugeo: Did you say which floor? Does that mean you're going to take us to the higher floors?

Raijin: Um, we're fugitives who broke into the Cathedral. Are you sure it's okay to let us ride that floating platform?

???: My job is to operate this floating platform only. I've received no other orders.

Raijin: I see? Then we'll accept your offer.

Eugeo: Huh? Are you sure it's okay?

Raijin: Well, there isn't any other way up.

Eugeo: That is true...

Raijin: Can you take us to the highest point that you can reach?

???: Understood.

You and Eugeo walked inside and stood on the platform.

???: System Call. Generate Ariel Element.

The doors closed.

???: Burst Element.

The platform then went up.

Raijin: How long have you been doing this?

???: This year marks the 107th year since I've received this Calling.

Eugeo: One hundred and seven years? And you've been operating this floating platform that entire time?

???: Not the entire time. I am granted lunch break at noon, and I sleep at night, of course.

Eugeo: No, that's not what I meant.

Raijin: What's your name?

???: My name is... I've forgotten it. Everyone calls me the Operator.

Eugeo: Um... So, we're on our way to defeat an important person in the Axiom Church. The one who assigned you this Calling.

Operator: Is that so?

Eugeo: If the Church ceases to exist and you're released from the Calling, what will you do?

Operator: Released? I have no knowledge of the world other than this shaft. Therefore, I cannot say what new Calling I would choose. But if you mean what I wish to try, then... I would like to fly freely through the sky on this floating platform.

The platform stopped.

Operator: Thank you for your patience. This is the eightieth floor, the Cloudtop Garden.

You and Eugeo walked out and the door closed and Operator went back down.

Raijin: Let's go.

You and Eugeo opened the door together. You and Eugeo looked into the room to see a tree, grass, water, and bushes. You and Eugeo walked onto the path to see Alice sitting under the tree.

Eugeo: Alice...

Alice motioned her hand at you and Eugeo.

Alice: Please, wait a little longer since the weather is really nice. I want to give it ample time to bask in the sunlight.

Raijin: Don't fight, Eugeo. Just focus on stabbing Alice with Cardinal's dagger, no matter what. I'll block her attacks even if it means risking my life.

Eugeo: But...

Raijin: There's no other way. I'll take Alice's first strike intentionally and then restrain her, so use the dagger immediately. Got that?

Eugeo: Sorry.

Raijin: No need to apologize. You're paying me back double as soon as I can make you. She doesn't seem to have her sword. If we attack now, she won't have time to recite the Perfect Weapon Control Art. To be honest, it'd be best if we didn't use it.

Eugeo: True... Even I think I can use my Perfect Weapon Control Art two more times without using its life using the scabbard.

Raijin: That will help. I can only use mine once more. And after Alice we'll still have to deal with the knight commander. All right, let's go.

You and Eugeo walked towards Alice together.

Alice: So, you've climbed all the way to these heights. Even if you did manage to escape the underground prison, I expected Eldrie to be able to deal with you on his own. Yet you two overcame him, Sir Deusolbert, and even cut down Lady Fanatio, before setting foot in the Cloudtop Garden. What is giving you such power? Why are you disrupting the peace of the Human Empire? As I thought, I can only ask you with my sword.

Alice placed her hand on the tree.

Raijin: Don't tell me...

The tree glew and it transformed into a golden sword.

Raijin: Don't tell me that sword... is already under Perfect Weapon Control?

You and Eugeo ran towards Alice as she drew her sword. Her sword glew and she swung it down as the flow leaves knocked you and Eugeo down.

Alice: Could it be that you're mocking me? To run towards me without drawing your swords... I held back on that attack as a warning. But with my next attack, I shall erase all of your life. Show me the full extent of your power, for the sake of the knights you've defeated, as well.

Eugeo: System Call.

You stood up.

Raijin: We apologize for showing such disrespect to an honorable Integrity Knight. I, Disciple Raijin, formally challenge you, Knight Alice, to a fair duel.

Alice: Very well. I shall test the limits of your evil designs through your swordsmanship.

The leaves disappeared. And Alice got into her sword stance.

Raijin's (thoughts): Kendo?

You swung your sword at Alice but she blocked your attack and you flew back. Alice ran at you and she swung her sword at you. You blocked it and jumped back. Alice knocked you up into the air and you fell into the water. You quickly got back up and Alice's attack. You jumped out of the water and Alice chased you. You backed up next to the wall.

Alice: You're the second person to have withstood my attacks this long. You must've climbed this tower with such resolve and conviction. But it's not nearly enough to seay th Church. I cannot allow you two to disturb the peace of the Human Empire. Now then... prepare yourself.

Alice swung her sword at you but you parried her. You dropped her sword and you grabbed Alice to keep her in place.

Eugeo: Enhance Armament!

The ice veins wrapped around you and Alice. And the ice froze you and Alice together. Eugeo grabbed the dagger but Alice's sword lit up and she broke the ice.

Alice: That was rather entertaining, but you have no hope of stopping my flowers with mere ice. I'll fight you next, so stay there and wait your turn.

Raijin: Enhance Armament!

You and Alice clashed but she knocked back.

Raijin: Eugeo!

Eugeo ran at Alice but the wall broke as you and Alice were sucked out of the building.

Eugeo: Raijin? Alice?

The wall closed up.

Eugeo: Raijin! Alice!