Chapter 2

"Miss (l/n), you were running in the halls! This is a direct violation of the school rules! That is detention with me, after school!" I halted in place. It's the first day and I've already gotten in trouble with the school's hall monitor. "Shit," I mumbled.

I turned around. "I'm sorry, it's my first day and I was having trouble finding my way to class. Do you really need to give me detention on my first day?" Taka sighed. "As much as it pains me to do this (y/n), I cannot allow you to break the rules even if it is your first day. That's when I realized that I had never told him my name. "How do you know my name?"

"Huh?" Taka answered surprised. "I never told you my name and you weren't in class during introductions, so how do you know my name?" Taka blushed. "O-Oh I j-just asked Miss Yukisome after class," he blurted. "Oh, I see. So are you going to give me detention or what, because I'm already late for class and I don't know where the hell I'm going?"

"O-Oh I'm so sorry! I don't want to keep you waiting. Here," he handed me the detention slip. "Thanks, I guess," I said. 'Why am I thanking him for giving me detention?' I brushed off the thought. The bell rang. "Shit." Taka's eyes shot open. "Watch your language or I'll have to give you another detention."

"Seriously? If you gave detentions to everyone who cussed, everyone in the school would be in detention. And you think I'm bad? What about that Mondo guy? He cusses every sentence!" Taka looked embarrassed and I felt bad for what I said. "I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have jumped on you. You were just doing your job," I apologized. He cleared his throat. "It's alright, (y/n)! Would you like me to help you find your class? I can exempt you this time," he replied. "Thank you! That would be so much help! Also, I never got your name."

"Oh, how rude of me!" he bowed his head. "My name is Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Ultimate Moral Compass! Although my friends call me Taka, so please feel free to also!" I smiled. "Nice to meet you, Taka," I said as I held out my hand. He shook it. His hands were warm and soft and I felt as though I could stand there for hours with him. 'Wait, what am I thinking?! Do I really like Taka like that?' I shook off that feeling.

"Shall we head to class?" Taka asked. "Um, sure." We started to walk the opposite way I was heading. "Uh, I was wondering, would you like to sit with me and my friends at lunch? It's totally ok if you say no! I was just--" I cut him off. "Yes, Taka, I would love to sit with you at lunch." He smiled. "Here we are!" Taka gestured to the room. We both entered the classroom. Taka excused us for being late and we took our seats next to each other. I couldn't stop thinking about Taka, and before I knew it, the class was over.