Book 2: Chapter 7

I darted out of the locker room, hearing the heavy door shut behind me, making a loud bang. I saw a blur of a long, grey jacket turn the corner. 'Was that Mondo?' I thought to myself.

I turned my head to the boy's locker room, which was propped open. I walked over to the door, eyeing the gun pointed at me. I slowly put my hand on the door, prepared for the gun to go off any moment. I then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Jesus Christ!" I shouted, jumping away from the door. I turned around and saw Byakuya. "I wouldn't do that if I were you," he said, pointing at the gun. "It would've already gone off if Monokuma were trying to shoot me," I said, continuing into the locker room.

"So, you just risked your life to see if it would shoot you?" he asked. I ignored him, opening the door. I looked inside the room. It was the same as the girl's locker room except for a few color changes. I looked at the poster on the wall.

"That's the poster that was in the girl's locker room," I said, turning back around and running back into the girl's locker room. The poster that used to be a boy band was now a supermodel posing.

"It's switched," I gasped, turning around to look at Byakuya. He was staring at Chihiro's body. I looked back down at the corpse. "Why is Chihiro in the girls–," I mumbled, my voice trailing off.

"What?" Byakuya asked, forcefully. I shook my head. I bent down to Chihiro's body. I moved his hair out of the way, so I could get a better look at the wound. The dumbbell was definitely the murder weapon. The killer made no point in trying to hide the evidence.

Byakuya then stood up and walked out of the room. "Where are you going?" I asked, following him. He ignored me and kept walking. "Asshole," I said, crossing my arms. We entered the library, where he grabbed a file and an extension cord. I then followed him back to the girl's locker room.

"Help me," he said, handing me the file. "Are you trying to hang her up?" I asked, still keeping Chihiro's gender a secret. He nodded. "You're crazy," I said, shaking my head and putting the file on the floor.

"It's no different than you keeping the killer a secret in the first trial," he replied. "I never said I wasn't going to help," I said. "Then help me lift her up."

I sighed and grabbed Chihiro, lifting him up bridal style. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him. "I know who Genocide Jack is," he replied. "They're in the school with us, aren't they? I had a feeling since there was a file of them in the closet," I said, placing Chihiro on the bench.

"Do you know who? Think about it," he said. I thought for a moment, thinking back to Toko's behavior as I read the file, and how Byakuya didn't want me to read it. "It's Toko, isn't it?" I said.

"You're surprisingly smart. Congratulations, you get a compliment from me," he said, condescendingly. "Are you ever not a jerk?" I asked, annoyed. "Grab the extension cord, I'll hold her up," he said, not answering my question. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the extension cord from his hand hastily.

I looked at the file to see where to put the cord. I then noticed how Genocide Jack uses scissors. "You realize she uses scissors, right? Wouldn't that make it obvious that the killer would be a copycat?" I asked him. He paused for a moment.

"It doesn't matter. I want them to come to that conclusion. You don't want to die, do you?" he replied. I wrapped the cord around the pole and Chihiro's wrist.

After about 10 minutes, we finished in succeedingly hanging up the body. "I can't believe I helped you with that," I said, standing and looking at Chihiro. I felt kind of bad, but at the same time, it felt as if all of the guilt had left my body.

"Ow," I said, clutching my head in my hand. I felt another sharp pain course through my skull. "Are you okay?" Byakuya asked. "Wow, do you actually care for someone other than yourself, for once?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. He scoffed.

He put his hand on the blood on the floor and scooped some onto his finger. "Seriously?" I asked, shocked that he was adding the detail of writing 'Blood Lust' on the wall. He started writing 'Blood,' and then ran out of blood to write with. He put his fingers on Chihiro's forehead, and finished what he was writing.

"Are you done?" I asked, sarcastically. He nodded. "Okay then. Goodnight," I said, grabbing my belongings and walking out the door. I was getting tired, and being around someone like Byakuya wasn't helping.

"Don't say anything until they've backed us into a corner during the trial," he said. "Yeah, yeah, I know," I replied, waving my hand dismissively and closing the door after Byakuya. We walked to the door rooms and went our separate ways.

"That was weird," I said to myself, after I closed my dorm room door. I locked it and got ready for bed. I lay down, prepared for the long trial that awaited us tomorrow. I turned off the lights and stared at the ceiling, waving my hand back and forth.

I thought about Taka, and what he would think when he finds out what happened tonight, during the class trial. I groaned and turned onto my side. I probably fucked things up...bad. I let thoughts overflow my mind until I slowly feel myself drifting into a deep, long-awaited sleep.

A/N:

I realized that I never posted this chapter...oops. I'm going to start updating more often so get ready for that :)