Chapter 13

After leaving the office, I walked with Jin Kirigiri upstairs where the rest of the class was. I entered a hallway, where they were finishing barring up the windows. I stopped when I saw Junko and Mukuro. "Ju--" I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my head, interrupting me. I smiled and walked up to them.

"Why hello (y/n)!" Junko said, waving enthusiastically. "Hey, Junko. Hey, Mukuro." Mukuro smiled. "Hi, (y/n)," Mukuro said quietly. "So, how did it go with Kamukura?" she asked me. I looked at her and smiled. "He did what you asked of him," I responded. "Good," she replied. I was about to ask her what she was plotting, but a voice sounded from behind me.

"(Y/n)!" I was snapped out of my daze. I turned and saw Taka. He pulled me off to the side. "I never got the chance to ask you. What happened after you were knocked out?" he asked me. I kept glancing between him and Junko. 'What was she up to?' I thought to myself. Another sharp pain coursed through my head. "Ow," I said, grabbing my head. I suddenly forgot what I was thinking about.

"Are you okay?!" Taka asked me, grabbing onto my shoulders and looking me into my (e/c) eyes. "Yeah, I'm--" I stopped talking as I saw Junko throw a wrench at Makoto. Then a thump sounded through the hallway. Makoto had fallen. Sayaka kneeled next to him. "Are you okay, Naegi?" she asked, worriedly. Then Junko and Mukuro walked up to him. "That's unfortunate," I mumbled to myself.

"What was that?" Taka asked, not hearing what I had said. "Oh, nothing," I said. "Come on, let's find something to eat," I said, grabbing Taka's hand and leading him to the dining hall. I was stopped by Jin Kirigiri. He grabbed everyone's attention.

"Alright everyone, I have the dorms set up for all of you. I suggest you make your way to bed, as it is getting late," he said. Kyoko got up and quickly walked to her dorm. "I'm going to head to my dorm," I told Taka. "See you in the morning," I said, kissing him. "Goodnight!" he called back.

I quickly ran after Kyoko. "Kyoko!" She stopped and turned her head. "Oh, it's you. Good," she said. I started walking next to her. "What do you think of the situation?" I asked her, as we neared the dorm rooms. "I think that there is no way of telling who has been affected by despair, and who hasn't." She stopped and looked at me, her purple eyes daggers into mine. "I would be careful about who you trust," she said, closing the door.

'What was that about?' I asked myself. I shrugged it off and headed to my dorm room and started falling asleep. Before I could, there was a knock at my door. I got up, half-expecting it to be Taka. I opened it and saw Junko, holding a small bear in her hand. "Junko?" I asked, looking between her and the bear. 'I had seen that bear on--' My thoughts were interrupted by a sharp pain again.

Junko reached out and grabbed my hand. "Come with me!" she exclaimed. I nodded and followed her to a classroom. As I entered, I saw a sight I never expected to see. Jin Kirigiri was tied up in a rocket. "What the hell! Mr. Kirigiri!" I was suddenly stopped by Junko. "Stand back," she commanded. My consciousness slipped away again, and I suddenly stopped. I tried to move, but I was unable to. I then noticed Mukuro standing in the corner of the room.

"Watch as I perform the first execution for the fall of Hope's Peak Academy!" she exclaimed, pressing a button on a remote. The rocket suddenly flew in the air. 'How is this possible?' I thought. Another pain coursed through my head. I collapsed to the ground.

"Aw, I wouldn't think about it too much, (y/n)! It might hurt your head!" she said, laughing. The rocket from before suddenly fell back through the ceiling and landed on the ground. A bunch of rubble flew at me, and I felt a piece cut my arm. I ignored the pain.

"The beginning of the end of Hope's Peak Academy!" Junko exclaimed.