Chapter 10

About a month had passed since Taka and I started dating. Time flew by quickly, and it was already March. Taka and I were sitting on the couch, watching TV. My head was resting on his shoulder. That was when Taka received a call from Mondo.

"Is (y/n) there too?" Taka put Mondo on speaker. "You're on speaker, what's wrong, bro?" "T-There was an incident," Mondo said, sounding panicked. "What incident?" I asked. "The student council! Th-They--" Taka interrupted him. "They did what?" Mondo swallowed. "There was footage released. Of--of--" "Of what Mondo?" I interrupted. "The student council members killing each other!"

"What?!" Taka shouted. "T-Turn on the news," Mondo said. I did what he told me and turned on the TV. I couldn't believe what I was watching. It was a student council member about to be killed by--"No," I gasped. "What is this?!" Taka screamed into the phone. Mondo shouted back. "I don't know! I just--" I cut him off. "I know that boy."

Taka hung up the phone and turned to me. "You know him?" I nodded. "I ran into him before I met up with you for our first date!" The screen on the TV then changed. A voice spoke, showing the boy on the screen.

"Izuru Kamukura, once a reserve course student at Hope's Peak Academy, underwent an experiment to resemble the founder of the school! He gave up his normal, no-good personality to become something incredible! Something that is no longer seen as the Ultimate Hope, but a totally despairing student with every known talent!"

The screen cut away and went black. Taka and I remained quiet for a long moment. I got up and walked outside. I had a feeling in my stomach that something terrible was happening. Taka followed me out of the room.

"(Y/n)! Where are you going?!" I ignored him and kept walking. He kept following me silently as we crossed over to the school's front entrance. I looked outside the gates and saw protesters. They were all wearing the same uniforms. "Who are they?" I asked Taka.

He swallowed. "They look like reserve course students." I gasped. I started walking up to the gate and Taka grabbed my hand. "What are you doing? You can't go over there! You might get seriously hurt!" I yanked my hand back. "I'll be fine, just stay here." He nodded, still wanting to protest.

I started walking toward the gates again. I heard whispers from class 77-B students watching me walk up to the gates. As I was walking, I could hear voices. "We won't be used by Hope's Peak!" one student shouted. "Hope's Peak won't get the best of us!" another shouted. I eventually got to the gate.

"Look what we have here," one of the students said to me. "What do you want from us?" I asked. Another student laughed. "Haven't you heard, we're being used!" I walked closer to the gate. "I sure that's not the--" Before I could finish I felt arms wrap around me pulling me back. I turned around to see Leon.

"Leon? What are you doing?!" He looked me straight in the eyes, looking more serious than usual. "It's not safe for you out here," he said, releasing me. "I'm sure I'll be just fine," I said turning around. I started turning back around but someone grabbed my arm. I turned and saw the campus security. "You need to leave."

"But I can talk to them!" I shouted. A tall man with long, olive green hair walked up from behind the officer. "Look, I know you want to help, but we need you to leave," he said sternly. "No! I need to talk to the--" I was interrupted by a sharp pain that coursed through my body. Before I knew it, I had lost consciousness.

Taka's POV:

Taka ran up to the security guards. "What did you do to her?!" The olive green-haired male turned to look at him. "Relax, kid. We just tased her." Taka became furious. "Why would you do that?! She was trying to help!" The guard scoffed. "We told her to stop and she didn't, so we had to take more drastic measures," he said, motioning the guard to pick you up.