Book 2: Chapter 2

I was standing in a long hallway with a door at the end of the hall. I started running toward the door, but everytime I would get closer, the hallway would get longer. I kept running as fast as I could toward the door. I suddenly saw a person at the end of the hall. I couldn't make out who it was. The person started to talk. "(Y/n)--"

I woke up to the sound of an announcement on the monitor.

Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!

I groggily got out of bed and changed into my usual clothes. I exited my room quickly turning the corner. I tripped over someone's foot. They quickly caught me. I looked up and saw that it was Taka. "Sorry!" I said, standing up quickly. He blushed.

"It is okay! Goodmorning, (y/n)!" he replied. "Goodmorning, Taka!" I said quickly. I started heading to the dining hall with him. When we entered, Sayaka and Makoto were already in the dining hall. "I will have to come earlier next time if I want to be the first one here!" Taka shouted. "Taka, it's not a competition," I said, laughing.

The other students started filling in one by one until everyone was there. Taka then spoke. "For these meetings now and in the future, I believe are absolutely necessary to become friends and build trust between all of us! Now then, let's eat!"

I quickly got up and walked into the kitchen to grab some food. As I was preparing food I had another sharp pain course through my head. Suddenly, Monokuma appeared next to me. I looked over at him. "Uh oh, is (y/n) not feeling too well again?" he said mockingly. "What did you do?!" I asked forcefully. He laughed. "I did nothing! I was just checking in because we wouldn't want someone to show weakness now, would we?" He laughed again and disappeared. 'What was that about?' I thought to myself.

Taka walked into the kitchen behind me. "Hello (y/n)! Would you like to help me prepare food?" he asked. I turned around, still shaken up about what happened. "Yeah, sure," I replied. He looked at me concerned. "Are you okay? You walked out while we were talking about what our next move should be," he said. "Yeah, just Monokuma is an asshole," I replied, laughing. He looked upset that I cussed but seemed to ignore it. I laughed again.

"What?" he asked me. "You always have this cute expression whenever I cuss," I said, walking to the fridge. I grabbed a container of eggs and turned around. I looked at Taka who had turned a bright red. I smiled at him and took out a pan to start cooking the eggs. Taka was silent the whole time, but eventually spoke up when I tried carrying out the breakfast.

"Here, let me help you," he said. "Thanks," I said, chuckling. We walked out and handed everyone breakfast. After we finished eating, we started to get up to leave. That's when Monokuma appeared. "What are you doing here?!" Sakura shouted at the bear.

"Puhuhu! I am here to give you all a motive!" Monokuma replied. "A motive?" Hiro asked. "Is your brain so small that you don't know what a motive is?" Byakuya said sarcastically. "I do so!" Hiro said. "Shut up," I told Hiro. Monokuma continued.

"I have a little video I would like you all to see! Oh, but don't worry, it's not some pervy 'adult' video or anything. Seriously, it's nothing like that! It's a special video for each of you showing what's going on outside the school."

"What the fuck's that supposed to mean?!" Mondo shouted. "Watch your language, Mr. Owada!" Taka shouted. "Oh yeah, asshole? What'cha gonna do about it?" Mondo argued back. "Guys, stop fighting!" I shouted at them. They both stopped. Makoto then spoke to the bear.

"Outside the school? What are you talking about?" Monokuma laughed. "There is a certain place you will need to go that has everything you will need to watch the video," the bear said. "The AV room," I said. "Coooorect!" Monokuma shouted before disappearing. I looked at everyone and ran out of the dining hall. Taka followed close behind me. "(Y/n), you shouldn't run in the halls!" Taka shouted.