how we met

♥︎♥︎♥︎
may tenth, tuesday
three fifty-six p.m

Y/N walked peacefully down the school hallway while watching the birds fly past outside the window.

It was the end of the school day, and she was waiting for her mom to call and let her know that she was outside and easy to pick her up.

While walking, she stopped to look into a classroom with the door open.

Y/N saw her older brother, Asahi sitting at his desk with an open textbook on his desk and a mechanical pencil in his hand.

There were a few other students scattered around the room but he was sitting in the back, next to a window.

Y/N walked into the classroom and sat in the desk next to him.

He glanced up at his sister and a small smile grew on his face.

"Hey, what's up?" 

"Nothing. I was just wandering around. What are you still doing here? School ended around twenty minutes ago." She asked.

"I know, I'm just catching up on school work before I have to go to volleyball." He nodded.

He looked back down at his textbook. Then a wave of realization came over him.

"Wait a minute, why aren't you at home? Wasn't mom supposed to pick you up, like half an hour ago?" He asked in irritation.

"I'm waiting on her text! She said she would be here." Y/N said, coming up with yet another excuse for her mom.

Asahi looke at her suspiciously.

"How long have you been waiting. And don't you dare lie to me."

Y/N groaned. "45 minutes now."

"Perfect." He scoffed and shook his head.

"It's not her fault! She did say she had errands to run today." She said.

"Come on, don't tell me you buy that." He shot.

Asahi picked up his books and began to put them into his backpack.

"Y/N, this is the third time this week she's forgotten to pick you up." He said.

He looked at the time in his phone and rolled his eyes.

"Can't believe her..." He muttered.

Y/N sighed as he stood up.

"Come on. Practice is starting in a few minutes and you're coming with me again."

"Ooh, yeah! That's always fun." She shot up from your seat and followed him out the door.

He chuckled at her sudden enthusiasm and walked to the school gym with Y/N skipping excitedly behind him.

Once they arrived, Asahi began walking up the steps.

"You can go ahead into the gym. I'm gonna go get changed." He told her.

Y/N nodded and opened the door to the gym and walked in.

She walked over to the bench and sat down before pulling a textbook and notebook from her bag, ready to start homework.

This wasn't the first time her mom was late to pick her up. Y/N already had a routine.

Sit on the bench, do homework, finish homework, play volleyball with the first years, go home.

"Staying with us for practice again?" Daichi said, walking toward her. 

"mhm." You said.

"Eh, don't worry. You're not so bad to have around." He ruffled up the girls hair and she frustratedly slapped it away.