our first fight

♥︎♥︎♥︎
thursday, november 5
twelve thirty-four p.m.

It's been five days since Halloween and Yachi had barely spoken to Y/N.

She said "hi" every now and then in the hallway and texted her a brief goodnight before going to sleep.

Yachi was still angry at Y/N but not enough to leave her completely.

It was now Y/N's geometry class and she didn't feel like being in there at the moment.

She sat at her desk with her head down, considering going to see her friends during their lunch period.

"Y/N." Mr. Sato called out once he noticed Y/N wasn't paying attention to the lecture.

Y/N shot her head up and a few students chuckled at her antics.

"Y-yeah?" She asked. "Since you've been paying a great amount of attention to my lesson, why don't you come up here and write down the quadratic formula from memory?" She asked smugly while walking to Y/N's desk.

He put the piece of chalk in front of her and she looked up at him.

"I don't need to write it down. I know it already." She answered.

"Oh, great! Then I take it you'll have no trouble saying it out loud for the class."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "X equals negative B plus or minus the square foot of B squared minus four times AC. All divided by two times A." She answered perfectly.

"ooouuhh.." "damnnn." A few students muttered while laughing.

Mr. Sato scoffed. Y/N let the smallest smirk form on her face before the teacher walked away and continued his lecture.

Y/N put her head back down for the rest of class until the bell ring and she was free.

"Not so fast, Ms. Azumane." Sato said.

Y/N rolled her eyes and turned to look at him.

She walked to his desk. "What?" She snapped.

"I do not want to see that kind of attitude again in my classroom. You came here to learn, not disrespect your teachers." The man said in an orderly tone.

"I can multitask." Y/N answered smugly.

"Maybe if you were smart, you'd focus on your studies instead of new ways to embarrass me in front of me class. Then you wouldn't have such a low grade."

Y/N's anger level was beginning to boil over and once the teacher said that to her, she let him have it.

"Whatever. I'm never gonna use geometry in the real world anyway, so fuck this class and fuck you. I'm done with this shit."

She started to walk out of the classroom, leaving Mr. Sato dumbfounded.

"Ms. Azumane, you get back here right now before I suspend you longer than intended!" He threatened.

"Was that supposed to be a threat? Go ahead, suspended me, I don't care. More time away from you is a reward." She muttered the last sentence while opening the door.