a ghosting

♥︎♥︎♥︎
wednesday, february fifteenth
eight thirty a.m.

The girls woke up the next morning excited to start the day together.

They sat on Y/N's bed, still in their pj's, across from each other with their phones out.

"Okay first, we get breakfast at Denny's." Y/N said.

"Who's Denny?" Yachi asked.

"A man who makes great pancakes. We go there, then I take you to the mall to do some shopping and we'll walk there because taxi's are for rich people." Y/N said.

"Okay.. uhh, what else can we do?"

"That's all we're doing today. Shopping all day. Well, maybe not shopping cause Asahi's the only one with a job. So, really we're trying stuff on and thrifting." Y/N chuckled

"Okay, cool. Uhmm, ouu! Can we get burgers? I've always wanted to try one." Yachi asked.

Y/N looks up. "Sure! Theres all kinds of food here."

"Great, okay."

The girls get ready and spend the day out together.

Their first destination was Denny's to eat breakfast.

They sat down at the booth, ordered apple juices and started talking about everything.

The newest gossip at each others schools, what life was like for them, and of course, what they thought their future would look like.

"I think once we graduate high school, we could go to college together? I know it'd be crazy expensive for either of us to study abroad but, you know... It's a possibility." Y/N said as she took a bite from her pancakes.

"You could get a scholarship somewhere." Yachi shrugged with a small smirk.

Y/N laughs out at the suggestion. "I've missed you."

Yachi smiled at her. "I'm half joking, you know. Maybe if you studied harder, you could get noticed by some universities." She continued.

"You know I've never been a good student like you. I'll probably go to some community college and then start working."

Yachi looks up at her. "I remember on our first date you said you wanted to study the stars. Be some kind of a space scientist, what happened to that?" She asked her.

Y/N remembered that dream thoroughly. She'd have dreams of studying the planets and the stars. Ever since school got really hard, that dream burned out.

"That was a year ago. This is now. And I know I don't wanna do that now." Y/N said.

Yachi hums. "Don't worry. You'll find something else you wanna do soon enough."

Y/N looks up and puts her fork down. "I mean there is a career aptitude test we take online. We're supposed to take it in class one of these days."

Yachi looks up again. "That's good. I took one at school too!"

"Really? What'd it say you should do?"