"i need help"

♥︎♥︎♥︎
thursday, march twenty-eighth
twelve thirty p.m.

As Y/N sat quietly with her friends during their lunch period, she was stuck in her thoughts.

She felt guilty for skipping class again. She knew she needed credits for when she moves.

Colleges don't want to accept students who skip class frequently.

"Y/N? Pato? Hey." Ariana called out, shaking Y/N gently by the shoulder.

"What?" She mumbled.

"Where's your head at?" She chuckled.

"Sorry, just a little sleep-deprived." She smiled.

Nalini handed her a samosa and Y/N took it gratefully.

"Eat, you'll feel better."

"She needs a nap." Haru mumbled.

"They're right. I haven't slept since Monday." Y/N yawned.

"The hell have you been doing?" Ariana scolded.

"Catching up on work. I have like, a hundred missing assignments, I need to apply for Driver's Ed., I need to help Asahi apply for our student visas, and I have to keep up with Yachi." Y/N vented.

"Didn't you apply for your visas months ago?" Nalini asked.

"We were supposed to but Asahi had his volleyball games and.." She sighed in defeat and chewed on her snack.

The three friends noticed she was drained.

Y/N used to be up for everything, now she feels like she's taken on the responsibilities of an adult.

"And you know.. living with an addict doesn't exactly help. Having to make sure she's not drinking or smoking when I'm not at home." She added.

"Hey, why don't we come over and hang out? Just watch a movie on Asahi's laptop or something, you know?" Nalini suggested.

"Yeah, I'll even bring popcorn. That way, you can have fun while keeping an eye on your mom." Ariana added.

Y/N looked up at them with a pouting face.

"Really?"

"Really." The girls nodded.

Haru held up their thumb, giving Y/N a thumbs up.

"Aw, I love you guys." She said.

"We love you too! Now, go to class." Ariana pushed her slightly.

Y/N rolled her eyes and shoved the rest of the samosa into her mouth before rushing out of the cafeteria.

She went back to class and finished her classes.

While Y/N went home by herself, Yachi was at the gym with her team.

She held a notebook in her hand, keeping track of scores and notes while Kiyoko helped handing out volleyballs whenever one went astray.