new york university

♥︎♥︎♥︎
friday, may tenth
nine twenty-two a.m

"So I need... an economics class and then some of electives to graduate." Y/N asked as she helped a piece of scratch paper scribbled on by her counselor.

"Yes. I recommend some art classes like computer art or regular design and paint. We also offer music classes that aren't chorus, band, or orchestra." She continued.

"Oh, I'm okay." Y/N said. She was already tired of speaking English for so long.

The almost senior class of 2024 we're having one on one meetings with their counselors about their schedules, the school year after summer break, and college.

Y/N and her counselor talked about her schedule and how they were able to shorten it to only five classes, so three periods each day. And one of them being homeroom on both days.

"So, which electives would you want to do? I have a list right here." Her counselor pulls out a list from the cabinet under her desk and puts it in front of Y/N.

"We offer a wide variety of art electives listed from most popular to least." She explained.

"Okay.. Can I return at the end of the day with this filled out?" She asks.

"Sure, honey. You can go on back to class now, I got other students that need to meet with me. I'll see you when class ends." She smiled.

Y/N smiled back. She got up and picked her book bag up off the ground.

"Thank you, Miss." She bowed slightly before leaving the office.

After Yachi went back home, Y/N decided to focus on school so the girls could attend university together.

Their goals were to get into college on scholarship so money wouldn't be an issue. They only thing they had to worry about was the living situation.

So Y/N had to roll up her sleeves and study enough to get at least AB Honor Roll for the last couple weeks of school.

She meets Khalil around the corner and looks up when he sees her beside him. "Hey, how's it go?"

"Fine. I need an economics class and some electives. After that, I'm good to graduate." She shrugs.

"Why didn't you take all the required stuff your freshman year back in Japan?" He asked her.

"Electives aren't really as important over there. They care more about academics. And some schools, sports. But here are the classes I can choose from. You wanna pick them for me? I need two."

"So you're taking 12 English... economics.. and US government. That's not much studying, so you'll want something to keep you occupied."

Khalil circled the classes and handed the paper back to Y/N.

"Art History and Photography? Cool, any more boring classes you wanna add to my schedule?" She sighed out. She folded up the paper and put it in her pocket.

"It'll be fun. Ashton and I both chose photography. You'll be with us." He says.

"Oh yay!" She smiled. The two friends walked back to their original class and wait out the day.