i wanna go home

♥︎♥︎♥︎
november second, monday
eight ten a.m.

Y/N walked into class late the next day.

Khalil looked at her worriedly as she stumbled in with her hair unkempt and in a hoodie and sweatpants.

She handed her teacher her tardy pass and sat in her seat. She didn't even take anything out, she just stared at the smart board and zoned out.

Khalil and Y/N were seated on opposite sides of the rooms unfortunately, so he didn't say anything to her at the moment.

He took his phone out and sent Y/N a text.

khalil baby 😻😻
Are you okay? You look.. bad.

honeybun baby 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽
gee, thanks.

khalil baby 😻😻
Not like bad bad, bad like you haven't slept in a while.

honeybun baby 🫶🏽🫶🏽
I haven't slept in a while.

khalil baby 😻😻
Why not?

honeybun baby 🫶🏽🫶🏽
The dance. I keep thinking about it.

khalil baby 😻😻
What happened that night was not your fault.

honeybun baby 🫶🏽🫶🏽
I keep telling myself that but every time I do, the less I believe it.

khalil baby 😻😻
Lily chose to drink that much, there was nothing you could have done.

honeybun baby 🫶🏽🫶🏽
Yk that's not even the worst part. The worst part is I haven't spoken to Yachi since that night.
At all.

khalil baby 😻😻
Why not??

honeybun baby 🫶🏽🫶🏽
I'm terrified of losing her, Khalil. She's the sweetest person ever, how can I tell her this without breaking her heart?

khalil baby 😻😻
Y/N, it was an accident. You need to give yourself a break.

Y/N sighed and put her phone in her pocket before looking back up at the lesson.

Khalil sighed and put his phone away too. The bell rang a couple minutes later. Y/N had missed the entire class and sat in her seat, waiting for it to end.

She was the first one to leave the class. 

Khalil was lucky enough to catch up to her before she lost herself in the crowded hallways.

"Y/N-"

"Khalil, I'm not in the mood."

"It really wasn't your fault."

She turned the and the two moved over to the side of the lockers where no one who push them while trying to get to their class.

"Lily doesn't even remember what happened." He told her.

"I do! And I still feel terrible." She said.