not-so-happy birthday

♥︎♥︎♥︎
november sixteenth, friday
twelve o'clock a.m

Y/N woke up in the middle of the night to a blaring phone call. She jumped and quickly started slapping her hand around her nightstand, looking for her phone.

She looked and saw Yachi's contact name across the screen.

"What?" Y/N muttered. She sat up and answered the phone while rubbing her face.

"Hello? Hitoka?" She yawned.

"Happy birthday!! You're finally seventeen!! You're getting so old!" Yachi screeched on the other end of the phone.

Y/N laughed and looked at the time on the phone. It was in fact November sixteenth at twelve a.m.

She laughed to herself before responding.

"Thanks, lovely." She chuckled.

"Why don't you sound so excited to turn seventeen?" Yachi started.

"Well, it is the middle of the night and I was dead asleep, so I'm sorry if I'm a just a bit cranky." She said.

"Whatever, I actually have a present for you. I sent it before I left for school." She said excitedly.

"Really? What'd you send?" She asked.

"It's a surprise! It'll get there either today or tomorrow." She said.

"Okay. Thank you, Hitoka." She sighed.

"Ugh, I'm sorry I wasn't able to visit."

"Don't be sorry. I know you have school and so do I, it'd probably be a mess if you dropped everything to fly over here."

"Yeah. Maybe I can visit for Christmas!" She suggested.

"Yeah, and you can spend Christmas break here!" Y/N responded.

"Yay! Okay, uhm, I have to go, lunch is over. Sleep well."

"Bye, Hitoka. Thanks again." She smiled.

"Love you!"

"Love you more."

Y/N heard the familiar beeping from the call ending and put it back on her nightstand.

Usually, she loved her birthdays but this is the one time she wouldn't be spending it with her friends.

At least she has her new ones to celebrate with.

She sighed heavily, realizing it wouldn't be the same this year.

♥︎♥︎♥︎
november sixteenth, wednesday
two ten p.m

"Alright, they asked me to meet in room.. 123!" Y/N held up her phone, looking at the text Khalil sent, while walking up to the classroom.

It was the end of the school day and Khalil had texted Y/N to meet her in a random classroom.

She looked through the window of said classroom and saw that the lights were out.