another halloween dance

♥︎♥︎♥︎
october twenty-first, wednesday
eleven fifty-five a.m.

"You guys have a Halloween dance here too? That's so fun!" Y/N asked Khalil as she sat down with him.

"Yeah except the seniors pull these dumb pranks every year and end up ruining it for everyone." Khalil said.

Y/N muttered an "oh.." before slouching in her chair. She got excited for a moment, thinking it'd be as fun as it was back home.

"It's okay, we still have fun dressing up and stuff." Khalil said.

Y/N nods and looks up as Lily and Ashton approach the table.

"Heyo!"

"Hi!"

As she pulled out a sandwich from her lunch bag, two boys passed by the table. One of them bumped into Ashton, dropping his lunch bag.

"Oh crap, I'm so sorry-"

"Hey, can you watch where you're go-"

Ashton looks at his face and quickly closes his mouth. His face flushed red once he looked down at the guys face.

"Whoa, I said sorry. Here." The boy hands him his lunch bag and shoved it into his hand.

"Uh.."

Khalil and Y/N look at each other and then at the pair.

"Uh, Leon, we gotta go." The other boy said.

The boy, who's name was apparently Leon, nodded and walked around Ashton.

The pair left the cafeteria room and Ashton stared at him the whole time with his jaw on the floor.

"Wow." Khalil started.

Lily shook her head and sat down.

Ashton was dumbfounded for a moment, looking back and forth from the table to the door.

"Sit down, dude." Khalil sighed.

Ashton slowly sat in his chair still staring slack jawed at the door. "I blacked out, can someone tell me what happened?"

"I'd rather save you the embarrassment and not tell you." Lily scoffed.

"Dude, you stay flirting with guys 24/7 and the second an actual cute one talks to you.." Khalil grumbled.

Ashton didn't say anything for the entire lunch period. He was staring at his food while trapped in his thoughts.

Y/N thought it was so weird. She thought, maybe he wanted to be friends but accidentally came off as mean.

To her, it looked like Ashton bumped into the boy, said something mean, the boy walked away, and Ashton realized he was in the wrong.

Y/N sighed.

Ashton's been a great friend. Showing her around the school, introducing her to people, getting her to join extracurriculars.