surprises

♥︎♥︎♥︎
monday, january thirtieth
eleven thirty a.m

Y/N had been feeling significantly better since the holidays.

She's been talking to Yachi as much as she could, her English was getting better better, and she was getting used to the cold weather.

At least she thought she was until she had to walk outside to Lily's car for lunch. It was about ten degrees in New York City.

"Next time, drive to entrance please." She huffed as she hopped into the backseat.

Lily had just recently gotten her license to drive and now the four friends were celebrating by going out for lunch.

"Sorry, Y/N. But real New Yorkers beat the cold. So, you're on your way there." She smiled.

Y/N laughed slightly before putting her backpack on the floor of the car.

"Can we get chick fil a?" Ashton asked. He was scrolling through Spotify to find music to play for the ride in the passenger seat.

"Sure. You good with that Khalil?" Lily nodded.

"Yeah. Sure. Y/N, you haven't had Chick fil a before right?" Khalil asked her while looking down at his phone.

"Huh? Oh, no." She said. She was also looking down at her phone when Khalil asked her that.

"Okay, let's got some food then." Lily said. She drove out of the student parking lot and made her way to the restaurant.

Meanwhile, Y/N was texting her girlfriend, who was up late while perfecting the final touches for a project that was due in the morning.

Yachi was looking for advice on the presentation and Y/N complimented every girly detail she added.

It was a project for her marketing class, it looked like an ad for the most relaxing, coziest, all-girl spa in Japan. Because it was.

Y/N kept convincing her to get some sleep but Yachi assured her she had coffee and was good to stay awake for a little while longer.

"Oh my god, Ash, just pick a song, and let it play." Khalil complained.

"...Ash?" Y/N whispered to herself.

"I have to pick the perfect song, it's Lily's first day out drivin' by herself." Ashton defended.

"I don't care what you pick, as long as it's not Luke Bryan." Lily smiled.

"I would never..." Ashton continued to erase the artist's name from the search bar.

Lily pulled up to the restaurant a minute later and the group filed out.

Y/N waddled out of the car and to the building with her head buried in her scarf and her hands tucked into her pockets.

The friends laughed at her antics. She looked like a little penguin in one of those nature documentaries.

She looked at Khalil when she heard them laugh.

"Oh yeah, it's funny now. We'll see who's laughing when you all get frostbite." She grumbled in Japanese.