22

^Charlotte's costume but a little less boobage out lmao^

"Nah, nigga, now you gon' have to call me. 'Cause I'm lookin' at these messages, they on me. Actin' like they ain't niggas that want me. Let another nigga in your spot, and you gon' be hot, nigga, coffee."

"Seriously Char."  I could see Thomas's eyes crinkle in the corner with annoyance.

"What? I love this song! You're just mad you can't say it." I laughed while continuing to sing Kehlani's part.

"And why not?"

I stopped singing "Seriously? You're joking right."

"No, I mean I would never say it, it wouldn't sound right if I said it."

"I mean and the fact you are white soooo you can't say it anyways" I corrected my nose scrunching up.

"It's a word like any other in the dictionary that should go both ways. If I can't say you shouldn't be able to either."

I shook my head starting to get pissed, "Thomas this isn't an argument you are going to win so let's just change the song and move on." I watched as Thomas rolled his eyes switching to the next song, mumbling something under his breath.

"So if we have kids would they be able to say it?" he continued after a few minutes of silence, attorney Thomas was starting to come out.

I wanted to do nothing more but ignore him and put my earbuds in but then I would leave Thor to deal with him, and with it being a big week for Thor I didn't want to do that. 

"Yes because they would be half black"

"But they would also be white" I rolled my neck, closing my eyes trying to calm my breathing.

"True but not. If they are ever so slightly tan with too curly hair they would be seen as black, so they'd have the issues that come along with being black which means they can say it."

"Well doesn't seem fair."

"Seriously you want me to deep dive into the privilege you have of being a white male while we are in a car on the way for a birthday weekend? I mean I will but you might end up with hurt feelings and nowhere to go. Plus I'm sure Thor doesn't want to hear us go back and forth about this."

I could see the steam practically coming out of his ears, he wanted to continue, whenever we got into arguments he could never just move on, he had to keep going until he won and most of the time I let him but with this issue, it wasn't going to happen.

I thought we were done until he turned to Thor with a grin on his face.

"What do you think, birthday boy? You are the tiebreaker here." I sat back tapping my foot on the floor, he wanted me to flip out on him.

"Umm. I remember my dad used to say it all the time. One day my brother said it and my mom told him to never say it again. When he asked why she said it was because black people especially in America had everything taken from them when they were forced to come here; and with slavery, not only weapons but words were used against them. She said that black people use the word now as a way to take back their power or as a way to say 'you used this against us and now we are using it in our own way'. I would never use the word because it reminds me of the racist abuser that used it. So I guess you gotta ask yourself what do you get out of using a word that an oppressed group of people took back from your racist ancestor?" He shrugged and my mouth went dry, my heart beating so fast. "Also I'm not a boy."

"Well, when you put it that way..." Thomas trailed off, his smug smile completely gone from his face.

He looked up at me with regret in his eyes, and it took everything for me to keep my face neutral. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have spoken over to you about something so personal."