36

As I got up Tuesday morning alone, I couldn't help but pout knowing Thor had gone home to take care of the animals. I hated waking up and he wasn't right there next to my side and after the explosive birthday I had it was even worse, I feared I was about to become even clingier. I don't know who came up with the phrase 'give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime' , but I'm sure it was a euphemism for having sex. Because the way Thor woke me up the day after my birthday and dicked me down had me wondering if he had been lying about being a virgin. This man played my body like a fiddle and all I could do was take, and we hadn't even dipped our toe into other positions besides missionary. I think the great sex had a lot to due with Thor and I just being really intuned with each other, he wasn't just using my body to get off but was actively changing things up to make sure we both met our climax.

I groaned and threw off the cover at the incisive knocking at my door, that was causing Anderson to go crazy in his crate.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I screamed throwing on a muumuu, racing to answer the door; upset to be bothered before my morning coffee.

"How can I help you?" I pulled the door open, my face my eyebrows shooting up with confusion at the seeing sheriff Shaw and two strange men behind him.

"Hey Lottie sorry to bother you so early in the morning," Sheriff Shaw said rubbing his balding head "This is detective Ramos and Lundy" he pointed the the men behind them and I just stood there still trying to figure out what the hell they were doing at more door so early in the morning, ruining my birthday glow.

"Hello, how can I help you gentleman?"

"Can we come to Ms. Monroe, this isn't a conversation to have standing around where anyone can hear," I nodded, stepping aside so they could come in, I walked to the kitchen letting Anderson out the back and starting my coffee before turning around to the three men. If they wanted to be here for god knows what they could wait until I finished my morning task.

"Please take a seat. Would you like some coffee?" I asked, remembering I was still Deidra and CHarles Monore's child and even when we didn't like it we were still kind to guest. They shook their heads and I busied myself with fixing my coffee the way I wanted and putting Anderson's food outside, I didn't want him attacking people.

I settled in one of my kitchen chairs looking at them, looking at me but I wasn't the one showing up at 8 AM so I wasn't going to break the awkward silence.

"Look Charlotte, we are sorry to bug you this early in the morning but remember when I ran into you a few weeks ago and I told you we had some questions about Mr. Mathison down at the station? Well these gentlemen worked with the missing persons unit and heard about the case, and they got some questions as well."

"What does that have to do with me?" I tried not to sound snippy but this shit was getting out of hand.

"Look Ms. Monroe we get that you and Thor Mathison have a special relationship, but truth be told you can't just be missing for almost 25 years and then just show up out of the blue without law enforcement coming to ask questions." Mr. Ramos yammered on looking at me with what I assume was supposed to be empathy.

I rolled my eyes "Look, not to be rude but again I ask what does that have to do with me? It's funny how the Hosfell police department cares for his well being now that he is a grown man, but didn't get two shits when he, his siblings and mother were being beaten and starved."

"Look that was in the past , we can fix what the town did then but if we could speak to him now just to go over something" Detective Lundy butted in looking annoyed that I wasn't just going to give them what they wanted.