29

"What the actual fuck!" was the only real thought on my brain for the past couple of weeks since Thor's confession, and him not bringing it up again was greatly appreciated and made me feel like a complete asshole, so I couldn't help but tell him I need some time to gather my thoughts. I was trying to figure out if there was any indicator of Thor viewing me as more than a friend but my blind was coming up with nothing like he never really flirted with me or anything outright that screamed 'hey I'm in love with you' but then again that wasn't how Thor operated. And now that I was completely alone in town since the two people I was close to turned out to be liars, the only companionship I had was Anderson, and if I wasn't taking him on our daily walks or trying to give him treats he wanted nothing to do with me. Most days if I wasn't thinking about the dilemma with Thor I was annoyed with all the flower arrangements Thomas was sending me; like how fucking cliche and since they were paid for the delivery driver refused to take them back so instead they just sat on my porch to wither and die.

I needed to do something and soon because I was missing Thor, but I didn't think it fair to visit him without an answer. I needed guidance and asap.

I grabbed my phone dialing the one person to give it to me straight.

"My baby! How are you? Is that asshole still sending you flowers if you want I can help you write up a restraining order?"

I smiled already feeling my spirits lift at the sound of my mother's voice.

"No it's fine it's just harmless annoying pandering, he'll move on soon enough. But I do have an issue and I need your motherly wisdom." I pulled one of my legs under the other one getting comfortable for a very uncomfortable conversation.

"What's wrong? Do I need to get your father? He's watching some game in the spare room but I can make him pause it."

I shook my head even though she couldn't see it, "No, this is a mother and daughter type of conversation."

"Oh, no are you pregnant." She gasped, I could hear the disgust in her voice, not because of the imaginary baby she conjured up but more because of who his father would be.

"God no, I take my BC regularly ever since you let me go on it at 15," I answered trying to hide my disgust.

"Whew. I mean don't get me wrong I want you to give me a load of grandchildren when you are good and ready, but I'm not trying to deal with no baby daddy drama. Since that isn't what you wanted to tell me let's get to why you did call me."

I sighed wiggling my nose "Thor told me he loved me, wait no scratch that he told me he was IN love with me."

"Yeah, I know dummy." She cackled as if everything I knew hadn't been imploding on me.

"Mooooom! Seriously." I whined, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Because it ain't none of my business until you accept. I mean are you going to accept?" She asked with wonder, and I scoffed at her boldness.

"Seriously? NO! He's my best friend and at this point my ONLY friend. I already had two relationships go down the drain, I'm not adding a third."

"Okay, that's fair. So you're telling me you're going to be okay with him moving on to someone else."

I scrunched up my face at the thought of him being with someone else but quickly shook my head "Of course, all I want is for Thor to be happy."

"I mean according to him you are what makes him happy, so why pass him off to some other woman especially when you know you don't want to."

I laughed at her silliness "What do you mean I don't want to? I was fine when he was dating Sarah."

"Mhmm.. baby girl if you weren't toying with the idea you would of friendzone the boy indefinitely and we would be having a different conversation right now. I mean yeah you were fine with Sarah but at the time you were with that other boy so your thoughts were occupied. Look Lots as your mother I'm going to give it to you straight no shooter. Anybody with eyes can see you to are smitten with each other, I'm sure Thomas knew about Thor's feelings with you since the man looks at you like you can walk on water. And although oblivious to you but very apparent to others you hang on his every word like they are gospel."