3

Awaking the next morning I couldn't have been anymore tired throughout the night  I had constant nightmares of my attack; the men's faces seared into my brain like it had been placed there with a branding iron. Not to mention I had been stuck in cabin with a giant of a man after what just happen and although he saved me I still couldn't trust it. Sitting up I gently caressed the place I got shot, I didn't know how I was gonna explain it to my doctor once I got back in town not to mention the aforementioned rape test I was going to subject myself too.

"I was raped... not just sexually assaulted but full on raped." I cried silently in the dimly lit room. How could I let this happen, I thought to myself, I jolted up hearing a rough knock on the door. "Coming." I screeched wiping the tears from my eyes, opening the door to see the mystery man looking at me no emotion in his eyes.

"Sorry for hogging your room all night, um you're probably ready for me to leave your space." I chuckled softly. Without saying a word the large stranger walked away, leaving me to just stare. "Umm well again thanks a lot for helping me, it seriously means the world to me umm sir. If could show me the safest way back to my car I would appreciate that." I said quietly but loud enough for him to hear, I felt bad forcing him to share his space with me and he didn't seem too pleased having to.

He disappeared into the small area that was the kitchen coming out with two plates he then belined for the couch using one finger motioning me over. My feet quickly moved taking the plate he had outstretched in front of me. I sat adjacent from him taking my fork digging in, I never knew simple bacon and eggs could taste so good I'm sure I looked like a mad woman as I ate my eyes never leaving my plate.

"Wow this is really good um sir." I cleared my plate in record time and he got up taking my plate heading back into the kitchen, coming out he had a key in his hand I realized I had overstayed my welcome. I got up following him as he made his way over to a nice looking truck, he opened the door for me, as I hopped in I tried to find something in the small but also spacious area that told me anything about my savior but nothing. Hearing the bang of the door shut and the engine roaring to life I jumped in my seat while also managing to to get in the farthest corner away from the sound. Realizing I was being ridiculous as his eyes bore into mine I readjusted myself apologizing.

    The ride down was long and painfully quiet my mind just constantly replayed the last 24 hours over and over, I tried to figure how I could of done it differently, how I could of stopped my attack from happening but I was coming up empty handed. I knew the answer was simple I couldn't have stopped it the only ones who could've were the rapist pigs, but it didn't change how horrible I felt. As the forest cleared my mini coop came into view and I was happy to see something familiar. His truck stopped next to my car and I watched as he got out walking over opening my door for me.

"Thank you." I gripped my shirt in my fingers "I mean for saving my life and all that jazz if there is anything I can do for you please let me know." I touched my side realizing I didn't have have my phone or actual pants on. "Wait one moment." I walked over pressing the button on my car luckily I was stupid enough to keep the spare in my car, I pulled out a pen writing my phone number on a random receipt. "Here." I handed him my phone number and he just stared at my hand for a few seconds before taking it, I had a feeling he wouldn't call but still. I stood there watching him watch me and it dawned on me he was waiting for me to leave before he was gonna leave.

"Right, right. Sorry I'm leaving now. Again thank you so much sir, really I mean it. Um bye." I gave a small wave getting into my car pulling away, as I drove away I watched the large man get smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror until I couldn't see him at all. As I got closer to my house I could feel myself getting closer to a breakdown.