34

When we got back home from visiting Edward and Silas we fell into our usual routine but Thor started staying at my place more often since I started working soon after we got back. I thought about working in the city but I realized I didn't really enjoy paralegal work, but being a virtual assistant I was my own boss and I could work as much as I wanted, leaving me with more time with Thor and discovering new hobbies. Luckily I hadn't had any more run-ins with Thomas, I did run into Nora at the store and she tried to apologize but I just walked right past her. Thor did finally admit that at some point Thomas had run his tags, and showed up at his parent's house asking a bunch of questions, but ran off when Edward threatened to shoot him for trespassing.

Thor was doing great. He still didn't go into town when he was at my place but he was opening up more to me, he even started speaking to a therapist online who sadly diagnosed him with PTSD, anxiety, and depersonalization disorder. When he told me what she said it made sense because there were times when I would watch him and it was like he was there but wasn't or he'd look at his hands like they were foreign objects. I think staying with me helped somewhat because it got him out of the routine he had been doing for years, but it still worried me because he went from doing the same thing in one environment to doing the same things in another one and his therapist had said the same thing and was really pushing him to do a day outing in Hosfells.

After a few sessions with his therapist, Thor sat me down and let me know he thought it was a good idea for me to see one as well, and at first, I wanted to decline but then I really thought about it and agreed it was a good idea. It wasn't a good idea for Thor and I to just trauma dump on each other and if he was doing the work to get better I owed it to him and myself to do the same, and it was really helping the nightmares lessen.

One of my favorite things was seeing Thor getting close to my parents, he now had both of their numbers and was pretty much talking to them on the daily as well as Edward and Silas, which made them so happy. Even now when I had called my mom to ask about us coming down for the fourth of July before I could get too far in the conversation she was asking where her future son was and was visibly upset when I told her he was at home.

"Mmm, well I guess I'll call him after I speak to you. Anyways, remember when I told you about my friend Henry from high school? The one I helped get divorced from that dirty colorist heifer?"

I couldn't help but laugh at her description "The ones whose daughter is married to that billionaire and has like 6 kids?"

"Yup! That's the one. Anyway, that old coot is getting married again! Can you believe it? So of course I had to ask if she was a racist bitch too."

"MOM!" I screeched sitting up, this one could not hold her tongue if her life depended on it

"Baby don't interrupt. Anyways! Guess what? She is that colorist coon, OLD HAIRDRESSER! Guess they ran into each other at a game or something and really hit it off. I told ya baby karma always comes back, so now I'm just waiting for my invitation to the wedding. Your dad better-"

"I better what?" I earned my dad yell from the back, laughing as my mom's eyes got wide and she was nudged over my dad's face appearing too close to the screen."

"Hey, baby. Miss you. love you, where's Thor?"

"He's at home, he has a couple of things to take care of but he'll be here later."

He nodded before turning his attention back to my mom "I better what?"'

"Huh?" She said trying to play dumb, I wanted to chuckle but they were doing that thing where they forgot anyone was around and I wanted to see the show.

"Sweetie,  what is it you always say? 'If you can, huh, you can hear " I squeaked, trying to hold in my laugh.

"Aww, you know I was just joking! Right baby girl?" My mom turned her attention back to me trying to pull me onto her side.

I smirked "Yeah, I'd like to hear it again though?" laughing at the way she glared at me

"I'd like to hear it too." My dad echoed, causing my mom to turn back to him with a small smile on her face giving him those lovey-dovey eyes.

"Nah ah, keep your sex eyes to yourself woman!" I yelled, causing her to kiss her teeth.

"Don't you have a pregnancy test to take?" I sat mouth wide open, and she had the nerve to have a smirk on her face, I was about to deny it before my dad spoke more.

"Nope not going to work, I know that boy is a virgin." My dad responded by missing a beat causing me to open my mouth even wider, my whole body burning up embarrassment.

"How do you know that?"

"Baby, We love Thor like he's ours but he's not and I had to make sure he wasn't in there with you living in a sin den. I know it's old-school thinking but want to make sure he has some type of long-term plan with you. Anyways I'm going to hear this joke from your mama so we will talk to you later." Before I could even say anything else he hung up, but not before I saw my mom quickly get up trying to leave the room. I knew my dad wasn't going to do anything to her and she probably moved slower than she could wanting to be caught, they were so madly in love it warmed my heart.

"They are so fucking cute! UGH, I love love!" I screamed although Thor and I had only been dating for 4 months, I was stupidly in love with him, and every day it just grew and grew. My parents were right although we hadn't had sex yet I was learning what people were saying was right, intimacy isn't always sexual. Sometimes it is when you are cuddling on the couch and he just grabs your leg at different levels of tenderness to match with his different reactions to a film. Sometimes it is the two of you sitting across from each other, doing your own thing but looking up at the same time just to make sure the person is still there. Sometimes it's trying squirrel when you said you never would. Either way, I was extremely happy, and I was glad so was Thor.

A/N:

SO I actually broke this chapter up, mainly because I planned an NSFW (not safe for work/18+) scene after this, and I have to be in the mood to write those, or I'm just like "NO" LMAO. SO I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER Y'ALL WILL HAVE YOUR SMUT WHAT KIND OF SMUT I HAVEN'T DECIDED AIMING TO GET THAT CHAPTER OUT NEXT SATURDAY/SUNDAY.