23

^Sarah and Thor's costumes^

"So what do you think?" Sarah looked up at me hopefully after finishing the tour of the transformed area.

     The front of the house was completely different from when I arrived yesterday. I mean there were a few Halloween theme items strewn about but now it looked completely different. Bats hung from the ceiling, the once normal dining room table was now covered in strange foods and themed drinks, literally everything was covered in Halloween decorations. I was speechless that someone went through so much effort for me; it meant a lot.

When I didn't say anything Sarah just smiled, while Peggy just looked around nervously. She had come over a few hours ago to help set up. She was a nice lady with brown hair and blue eyes, she kind of reminded me of the lady from that singing movie.

"It's amazing. Thank you." I grab Sarah pulling her into a hug "It looks like a movie or something in here. You too Peggy." I pulled away a small smile playing on my face. Peggy breathed out a sigh of relief as Sarah's smile got bigger and her face tinted red.

"I'm glad you like it, I kind of went overboard but yeah. Charlotte will be bringing your birthday cake. Seriously this is about to be so much fun!  It should only be about 20 people. Remember if you get too overwhelmed you can go in the room or go take a walk. Alright, we got about two hours to chill until everyone starts showing up, I need to get ready."

"I'm going to go to my apartment. I'll be back about 30 minutes before the start time," Peggy said, she lived in the condo right below Sarah's so she didn't have far to go.

"Thanks, doll you were a big help."  Sarah beamed walking her to the door. "I'll see you in a bit."

Once Peggy was gone Sarah turned her attention to me.

"Are you ready to see our costumes?" I nodded, when Sarah asked what I wanted us to be I told her to pick whatever.

"So at first I was like let's do the obvious Jane and Thor it was TOO obvious. Next, I was like Batman and Catwoman but meh but I did want to stick with the superhero theme since they are easier for couple costumes so I decided on Superman and Wonder Woman! I think we are going to look so good, especially you." She smiled holding up what I assumed was my costume. "I've always wanted to dress up as Wonder Woman and I think now would be a perfect time. I was going to get you a wig because Superman's hair is short and black. There is an era of Superman with long hair and I can just spray it black and it will wash off in the shower, I mean if you want?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"You are okay with all this right? I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do."

I grabbed her hands causing her to look up at me "Sarah everything is perfect. Thank you for doing all of this for me, it really means a lot."

"I know it's just..." She ran her fingers through her hair looking distressed.

"What is it?"

"It's nothing." She smiled sadly "I'm going to hop in the shower it's going to take me at least an hour to do my hair and makeup." She leaned up to peck me on the lips before walking into her bathroom.

***************************

    The party had started about 30 minutes ago and I was already overwhelmed, I had met a few of Sarah's coworkers, her friends, and all of her siblings and their significant others. Her brothers had even taken me to the other room to question my intentions with their sister, I wanted to be annoyed but I would have done the same thing for Kari if she was still around.

"You made it!" I heard Sarah yell as I was reentering the living room from the bathroom.

"Yeah sorry we're late, the people at the bakery hadn't finished icing the cake but I got free cookies because of it so cheers. You look amazing by the way." I could hear Charlotte but couldn't really see her because Thomas was blocking my view, I did notice how he wasn't dressed up at all; seems he'd be the old man out at the party.