Chapter 44

Y/N POV

You had to admit, all the rest and relaxation from Yoongi and Hoseok's pamper day had definitely made you feel better. You were even looking better. Aside from the glowing skin you were moving better, seemed surer on your feet, and looked less like you would keel over from exhaustion. Today Jungkook and Jimin were planning to spend the day with you, and after much whining and puppy dog eyes from them to Jin ("Aish the brats" complained Jin) he agreed to let you all go shopping. Only if A- you took a driver and B- there were regular breaks. Just because you were looking and feeling better doesn't mean you were better. Getting out of the house actually sounded pretty good for once. Sure, shopping didn't fill you with much excitement - especially because you had a feeling it was prompted by your lack of certain products - you were hoping to at least spend some quiet time in a cafe somewhere. The anonymity of sitting in the back corner of a quiet little coffee shop, blending into the background with a warm drink in hand was more appealing than it had ever been before. As everyone else left for the day you were sent upstairs with Jimin to get ready. Jungkook was on clean up duty after breakfast.

"Do I really need to wear this many layers Jimin?" you whined, feeling uncomfortably warm as you were bundled into another sweater.

"It's cold outside Y/n, so yes you do. Besides, I promised Jin I would make sure you stayed warm today. I'm not ready to tell him I let you get a cold on top of everything else just because you didn't want to dress warmly enough." Said Jimin as finished fussing over the latest sweater. Somewhere along the line it had apparently become Jimin's job to dress you, even though you were fully capable of it. Something about fashion sense? Or maybe he enjoyed it. He sure seemed smug whenever he managed to get something of his onto you, much to the annoyance of your other soulmates.

"It'll be warm inside the shops though. It's not like we're going to walk to the shops either" you complain, hoping he would see sense.

"We are, however, going to be walking to the car. That means we'll be in the cold. When we get to the shops you can leave some of the layers in the car. Until we get in the car, you just have to keep this on." said Jimin, tone confirming the case was closed. With a humph you grabbed your bag and walked out of the room, hoping Jungkook would be more receptive to your plight. You were met however with a smirk and complete lack of empathy, Jungkook repeating Jimin's words about not being willing to fight Jin on this one. With a pout on your face you were led out the door by your two soulmates.

Once you had made it into the car Jimin and Jungkook relented, allowing you to return to a comfortable level of warm. The theory being there was no way you were going to freeze in the car, not unless a freak accident occurred. Even you, as accident prone as you were, couldn't possibly freeze in a moving car. The trip had been largely uneventful. As you'd left the building, you'd noticed a couple walking down the footpath nearby. It seemed a bit strange, considering there wasn't usually that much foot traffic at this hour in the area, but you shrugged it off. They weren't causing any problems. Probably just a couple enjoying a shared day off.

After arriving at the shopping centre (it seemed way too large to be just called a shopping centre, but that was just your opinion), the driver promised Jungkook that he would be on standby nearby, that way you could all leave as soon as you wanted. Jimin agreed to it, although he did advise the driver they would likely be there for a few hours. You cringed internally when you heard that. It seemed like it wouldn't be a short trip then. Probably not quiet either. You vowed to yourself you would get your coffee shop time, even if you had to sneak away. Jimin and Jungkook probably wouldn't notice if you snuck away for a while, right? Plus, you had your mobile, so it's not like you couldn't contact them if you got lost. Lost in your own thoughts, you didn't pay much attention to the stores as you walked along.