Chapter 31

BTS Run last night = chaotic + hardwork energy

Y/N POV

Today was the day, your first day working in the new job. If you said you weren't nervous, you would be lying, but that's exactly what you did. After a quiet dinner last night, and another round of nightmares, you'd been awoken this morning by Jin and his smile. He exuded excitement and positivity this morning. After being herded into the kitchen, Yoongi had surprised you with pancakes for breakfast, everyone else joining in by piling toppings onto your plate. Jimin had handed you coffee whilst Taehyung regaled you with stories of his and the other maknaes past mischief (although he called it distracting you from your nerves, you disagreed). Jungkook sat next to you, and graciously helped you finish off all the food that had been piled onto your plate (what can you say? You have a small stomach, it's not nerves). Strangely enough, throughout the entire breakfast Namjoon and Hoseok had kept their distance from you, spending their time in quiet discussion. You figured it must be important, whatever it was they were talking about. After breakfast you'd gently extricated yourself from Taehyung, politely declining his offer of help in choosing an outfit for the day. This wasn't your first rodeo; you knew how to dress up on the first day of your job. Maybe you were unsure what exactly was part of the dress code for Bighit staff, but you figured if you went conservative and businesslike you could find out later today. A dark blue long-sleeved blouse (to hide that pesky soul mark), some black slacks and sensible black leather shoes (in case you spent a lot of time on your feet today) seemed appropriate to you. When you had walked into the living room, bag in hand ready for work, Jimin had protested your lack of jewellery. He even went so far as to offer you some of his own earrings. You declined though, not wanting to send the wrong message on your first day at Bighit. Things would be troubling enough, especially as you were hoping to hide your soulmate status. No reason to do or wear anything that would draw any attention. What you failed to realise though was you yourself were going to gain attention wherever you went. Everyone else in the living room thought you looked amazing (although Jimin still thought you should a little bling), and they had tried to tell you that. You brushed their compliments aside, thinking of them as platitudes rather than their true feelings. That's ok. They were patient. One day they knew you would believe them.

You had opted to find your own way to the building, much to Jin's chagrin. There was no way he was ok with you travelling by yourself, especially after what had happened yesterday.

"No Y/n. You are not taking the bus to the company. Especially not by yourself!"

"I'll be fine though. Nothing will happen."

"No! That's what we thought yesterday and look what happened! Why can't you just travel with us?" said Jin hotly.

"I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea Jin. If I arrive with you guys, everyone will think there's something between us-"

"Because there is Y/n. We're soulmates!"

"-Plus, the other staff will think the only reason I got the job was because of you guys. I'm grateful that you set up the interview for me, but I want to earn my position on my own merits, not because of who I know." you say, attempting to explain your logic to Jin.

"Be that as it may, I still don't think it's a good idea for you to be travelling alone!" Jin asserts. Both of you stand there facing each other, neither one of you willing to back down on this.

"There's an easier option. What if we get Y/n a cab?" suggests Hoseok. Both you and Jin turn to face Hoseok, surprise on Jin's face but worry on yours.