Chapter 16

A/N - Words underlined are in english

Y/N POV

Settling down, a few sniffles still escaping, you watched as Yoongi got up to go save the food. Hopefully nothing had burnt during your moment. As much as you knew you should get up and help, or at least sit back in your own chair properly, you really didn't want to. Namjoon's chest was warm, and his arms around you were comforting, lulling you towards sleep. Vaguely aware of Jin and Hoseok talking to each other, you snuggled in a bit more. It was so nice to just be warm for once, instead of the constant cold you felt. Wearing jeans and sweaters in the summer was normal for you, as even the summer heat couldn't chase away the cold that seemed to live in your bones.

"Are you awake Y/n? Dinner is ready. If you want, you can go lay down, or we can go eat somewhere quiet."

"I'm awake Yoongi. I'm ok with dinner."

"I'll go get the maknaes then," said Jin, heading out to find them. Just because they were in the living room earlier does not mean they would still be there now. As Jin left the room, you finally pulled yourself together enough to shuffle back onto your chair properly. A bowl of food was placed in front of you. Apparently it was a 'serve yourself from the pot' kind of night. Following the hand up, you smile in thanks. Hoseok grinned back, taking the seat next to you now.

"Feeling better y/n?" he asked. You hummed in noncommittally in reply. It was fast becoming your favourite way to reply to the group. Lieing felt wrong with them, even though you knew telling the truth would probably make things worse. Just because they now know about your strong work ethic (ok, maybe it was a crazy inability to look after yourself at work), doesn't mean they needed to know about every other detail of your life. There were some things that were better left unknown. Did that include the absolute drain of all your emotional abilities right now? Maybe, maybe not. Better to be safe though. One reveal tonight was well over your limit.

Jin returned with the maknae in tow, all smiles and loud noises. They toned down a bit on seeing your face, still red and blotchy from earlier, but made no comment. Once everyone was seated with their food, the noise died down. Everyone must have been pretty hungry. The only time it's every quiet at the Bangtan table is when everyone is too busy eating to talk. Picking at your food (it was quite good, but you didn't really have an appetite after all that crying), you watched everyone else. People watching never ceases to fascinate you. The sneaky additions to Jungkook's bowl by Yoongi, the watchful eye Jin kept on Taehyung and Jimin, even the sneaky glances between Hoseok and Namjoon over your head. Each little interaction is just another clue to the puzzle called 'humans', or more specifically, your soulmates. Content to just watch everyone around you, you continue to pick at your food, not really interested in eating. It's more for Yoongi's sake than your own that you are eating at all. It would be rude not to show appreciation for his efforts. Glancing over at Yoongi again, you meet his knowing eyes.

"Don't force yourself Y/n. You don't have to eat it all, but at least eat a bit. We want you to be healthy." You nod back at him and try to eat a few more bites. Eating so irregularly for so long means even at the best of times, you don't have a great appetite. Adding into it some emotional distress has pretty much killed it.

The dishes are cleared away by the 95 liners, and the leftovers put in the fridge. Reluctantly, you get up to leave. It's time you went home; you've imposed on them enough.

As you near the door you're stopped by Jimin.

"Where are going Y/n?" he asks. Bending over to grab your shoes, you reply, "I'm heading home. It's been a long day, and I don't want to impose on you any longer."